4-processor satellite card with UA classic plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for you to "supercharge" your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a professional solution for UAD plug-ins, and an ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces. The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core version comes with 4 x SHARC processors to power the included Analog Classics Plus UA plug-in bundle.
UAD: One of the Industry's Most Respected Collections of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. Very few other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment the way UA powered plug-ins do - whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines. The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio.
Expandable processing power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA's flagship package, and includes all 79 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.8.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA's engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware - "rebuilding" vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That's how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware - bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle includes:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Equalizer
1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter (Legacy)
Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
UA Precision Enhancer Hz
CS-1 Precision Channel
RealVerb Pro Room Modeler
- QUAD model with 4 SHARC processors
- Incudes UA Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via blazing fast Thunderbolt 2 connection
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, and more (sold separately)
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins "on the road," mixing on Macs with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 connection
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- Compatible with VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and 10.9.x Mavericks
- Fan-free design for silent operation
Larger mix sessions with 4 times the processing power!