A dynamic harmonica mic with a robust, warm tone.
This is the original Shaker with XLR output. It broke all the rules 22 years ago and is still giving harp players a big wall of sound in a smaller, easier-to-cup blues tool. Designed for harp players seeking huge, fat tone and strong harmonic content with almost no feedback.
The volume control has 11 micro-detents, or clicks, that tells the player where his or hers mic volume is set at, giving the harp player a point of reference and control of their sound.
All Shaker mics are designed as hybrid units, which means they utilize dynamic low-z elements wired like a guitar in high-z mode. Plug any Shaker directly into any amp and it works awesome with great tone, response and dynamics (The Shaker Sound).
If you use a Shaker mic with an impedance-matching transformer into the input of your amp, your Shaker mic becomes super charged, driving your amp into aural overdrive. All Shaker harmonica microphones are really two very different units in one. Direct to amp has the traditional Shaker tone and response. Used with a line-matching transformer: high output, hot and driven. Maximum flexibility, it’s your choice.
- Dynamic element
- Output: Switchcraft XLR 3-pin
- Ergonomic design (Easy to hold and cup)
- Eleven micro-detent volume control
- Equipped with a Switchcraft XLR output wired PIN-2-HOT (works great with plug-in wireless sender units)
- Microphone body and grille made of a special high-strength thermo resin
- compound (Shaker Sono Resin) connector wired pin-2-hot
- Volume control with 11 micro detents for reference
- A big, thick sound with complex harmonic overtones, a sax-like tone, and tremendous feedback rejection
- Handmade in Arkansas (USA)
Dual mode harmonica microphone with feedback resistant properties. Order today.
Dynamic XLR Harmonica Microphone Specifications:
- Impedance: 500 ohm
Frequency range: 80 - 12,000 Hz
Weight: under 4 oz.