8 top-notch preamps matched to premium converters deliver the performance your music deserves!
The PreSonus FP10 FireWire recording interface (formerly known as the FirePod) is a complete 24-bit/96kHz recording system that combines 8 high-quality PreSonus XMAX microphone preamplifiers with 24-bit/96kHz analog to digital conversion. PreSonus includes Studio One Artist music creation and production software with the FP10. Studio One Artist gives you the same platform and intuitive interface as Studio One Pro but with an unlimited track count. The music software also has S/PDIF and MIDI inputs and outputs for convenient and compact, professional-quality, no-hassle recording. Studio One Artist works with Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
XMAX Class A preamps
The FP10's XMAX Class A preamps are custom-designed by PreSonus. They run on power rails of 30V with no op amps, and are always in an "on" state for zero crossover distortion. This allows them to deliver high headroom with low-noise sonic performance, wide dynamic range, wide frequency range, and, most importantly, musicality and transparency. This gives you smooth highs, solid, deep lows, without losing everything in between. It's perfect for recording diverse sources. 8 potentiometers are on the front panel to easily control the input level of each preamplifier.
Ins and Outs
Inputs 1 and 2 of the FP10 interface can be switched between microphone or instrument level while inputs 3 through 8 can be switched between microphone or line input. Phantom power (+48V) is available on every channel in groups of 4. Channels 1 and 2 feature fully balanced send and return TRS connectors on the rear of the rugged metal chassis for inserting outboard dynamics, EQ, and effects processors. There are 8 balanced TRS line outputs, 2 balanced TRS MAIN outputs, and CUE outputs for addtional monitoring. Using a stereo headphone output on the front panel, as well as mix control to balance monitoring levels between mixed input and main output signals, zero-latency monitoring is achieved. 2 channels of SPDIF input and output as well as MIDI input and output are also included. 2 FireWire ports make it possible to daisy-chain multiple FP10's together creating the possibility for adding additional inputs and outputs (with mic preamps) to your system.
Studio One Artist—Plus: Gigabytes of 3rd Party Resources
The FP10 is bundled with an exceptional software package featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista. It makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments, and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
- High-Speed FireWire (IEEE 1394) audio interface
- Up to 96K sampling rate
- 8 XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers (+60dB gain) w/trim control
- 8 Analog mic/line inputs, 2 instrument inputs
- 8 Analog line outputs
- S/PDIF digital input and output, MIDI input and output
- Balanced send/return for channels 1 and 2
- Zero latency monitoring
- Separate main and cue mix outputs
- Daisy-chain multiple FP10's for additional inputs/outputs
Affordable, clean, and quiet sound great for home studios. Order today!
FP10 10x10 Firewire Interface (Firepod) Specifications:
- Minimum computer system requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP1
- Computer: Windows-compatible computer with FireWire port
- CPU/Clock: Pentium, Athlon with 900MHz or higher (1.5GHz)
- Memory(RAM): 256MB (512MB recommended)
- OS: Mac OS X within CORE AUDIO - drivers now built into OS X 10.3.5
- Computer: Apple Macintosh series with onboard FireWire port.
- CPU/Clock: PowerPC G4/800MHz or higher (G4/Dual 1 GHz recommended)
- Memory (RAM): 512MB or more
- Preamp Bandwidth: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Preamp Input Impedance: 1.3kOhms
- Instrument Input Impedance: 1Mohms
- Preamp THD : <0.005%
- Preamp EIN: -125dB
- Preamp Gain : 54dB
- Preamp Send Output Impedance: 51 ohms
- Preamp Return Input Impedance: 10kOhms
- Line Trim: ±20dB
- Line Input Impedance: 10kOhms
- TRS Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
- TRS Main Outputs Impedance: 51 ohms
- TRS Cue Outputs Impedance: 51 ohms
- Headphone Output: 150mW/Ch 20Hz-20kHz
- Phantom Power: 48V ±2V
- Power Supply: Ext line Transformer, Internal Switching
- Analog to Digital Converters (ADC): 24 bit/(44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz)
- ADC Dynamic Range: 107dB
- DAC: 24-bit/up to 96kHz
- DAC: Dynamic Range 110dB
- IEEE1394 Speed: 400mbps
- System Requirements for Studio One Artist
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.2 or higher, PowerPC G4 1.25GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5GHz processor, 1GB RAM
- Recommended: PowerPC G5 or better or Intel Core Duo or Intel Xeon processor or better, 2GB or more RAM
- Win: Windows XP or Vista, Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion), 1GB RAM
- Recommended: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz EM64T or better or AMD Athlon 64 3000+ or better, 2GB or more RAM
- Windows and Macintosh Systems: Internet connection, DVD-ROM drive, a monitor resolution no lower than 1024x768 pixels
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about PreSonus FP10 10x10 Firewire Interface (Firepod):
I have had this sound card for 2 or 3 years and absolutely love it. I had previously owned an m audio fast track pro and it worked fine, but not like this. The preamps sound much better (of course it is quite a bit more expensive) I have really enjoyed having the extra channels available. Now, I can properly mic and record my drumset. I tried the e drums, recording only a stereo channel and it just wasn't for me. Even when I'm not recording the drums, I like the fact that I can get everything plugged in that I'm going to be tracking for the day, all set up, then I can just go to it, without having to stop and reset up.
Say I'm tracking acoustic, bass, vocals and piano for that day. I have my vocal/acoustic mic on channel 1, I have the bass plugged in on channel 2, and my piano on 3 and 4.
I also like the fact you can run channels with and without phantom power simultaneously. For instance, when I'm tracking drums, my overheads need phantom power, the drum mics do not. I just use channels 1-4 without phant power and plug in my dynamic mics, then I flip on the phantom power for channels 6-10 and plug in my overheads on channels 9 and 10.
I also love the mix control on the headphones. This way I don't have to alter the mix so I can hear the instrument I'm tracking on the computer. You can turn the mix knob to hear more of the tracking instrument or more of what's already recorded. You also have a separate volume for headphones to get the volume just right. I like it too that you have a main volume level along with levels for each channel. If you have the channels all set for the mix you like but the overall level isn't quite right, it saves turning each one to get them all adjusted..
The driver was quick and easy to install, and I've had no issues since. I use this card with Reaper and it has been perfect. I did have to redownload the driver once from the website, but it wasn't a big deal.
This was my 1st Presonus product, and now, I'm sold.