Digital format converter and repeater in one.
Ever notice how most surround receivers seem to have only one S/PDIF input and several Toslink inputs, yet most components seem to have coaxial S/PDIF outputs? M-Audio did; that's why they created the C02 to help you interconnect S/PDIF and Toslink I/O in either direction.
The CO2 is a compact and rugged digital audio tool that converts S/PDIF signals from optical to coax and from coax to optical. Its 2-in, 2-out design allows the CO2 to operate as a full-duplex, bi-directional converter, or as a half-duplex converter with "thru" port—allowing it to work as both a converter and a repeater. The repeater comes in handy if you need to run Toslink cables more than 10 feet. The CO2 converter is also affordable enough that it's easy to add several if needed.
- Converts optical S/PDIF to coax
- S/PDIF, or vice-versa
- May also be used as a repeater to extend cable runs
- 2 digital inputs: one toslink (optical fiber), one RCA jack (coax)
- 2 digital outputs are always active: one toslink, one RCA jack
- Transformer-isolated RCA jacks prevent system ground loops
Co2 S/PDIF Coaxial/Optical Converter Specifications:
- Coaxial S/PDIF: 75 ohms
- PCM support: up to 24-bit/96khz
- Power supply: 9V DC 500ma
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 3.5" x 2.3" x 1.2"
- Approximate weight: 7 ounces