Incredibly natural frequency response.
KRK has always been focused solely on accurate monitoring. The KNS 8400 - with their ability to reveal exactly what you have on the tracks is an ideal choice for critical listening. Being able to discern the most subtle differences in pitch, timbre and tone helps you to get it right every mix, every take, every performance. Isolating memory foam in the ear cushions delivers improved low end response and because they gently conform to your unique head shape you'll be comfortable wearing them all day.
KRK headphones provide a precise listening experience that takes you from personal studio to commercial studio to on-the-go track evaluations - and they allow you to accurately enjoy your music with the consistent voicing philosophy and honest reproduction top producers, studio musicians, performers and engineers have come to trust.
The KNS 8400 offer an incredibly natural frequency response that gives you a reference standard unaffected by your location. Day or night. Studio or home. Without disturbing others. Without compromising your tracks.
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK's class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
- A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The special foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
- Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
- Large dynamic range with extremely consistent low-distortion detail and clarity.
- Extended low frequency definition, ensures the bass component of your music is accurately reproduced, and is not lost.
- Transparent reproduction of high-frequencies, resulting in highly accurate imaging.
- High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
- High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
- Adjustable, foldable driver enclosures provide comfort and portability.
- Replaceable cable, head, and ear cushions to ensure long product life.
- Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
KNS-8400 Studio Headphones Specifications:
- System / Design: Dynamic
Operating System: Closed-back
Head Coupling: Circumaural (Isolating)
Voice Coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire
Driver Type: Low weight neodymium
Driver Diameter: 40mm
Sensitivity/Efficiency: 97 dB SPL @1mW
Frequency Response: 5Hz-23 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1%
Rated Impedance: 36 ohms
Ambient Noise Isolation: up to 30 dBA
Long Term Maximum Power Handling 1000mW: (500mW per side as per IEC 60268-7)
Earcup Rotation: 90 degrees
Nominal Headband Pressure: 4 N (based on average head size)
Headband Type: Adjustable / Sprung steel skeleton
Ear Cushion type: Acoustic memory foam
Headpad Finish: Premium leatherette
Headphone Finish: Black impact resistant plastic
Volume Control: Detachable / Replaceable low profile inline high quality control
Cable: 2.5 m, (8.2 ft.), 99,99% OFC detachable
Connector: Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm)
Cable Connection: Strain relief managed
Adaptor: Screw-on 1/4" (6.3 mm)
Weight without Cable: 232 g (0.51 lbs)
Net / Shipping Weight
850 g (1.87 lbs)
Dimensions: 245mm x 268mm x 94mm
9.6" x 10.5" x 3.7"