Blue's best tube condenser with optional interchangeable capsules gives you up to eight modern versions of vintage classics.
The Bottle Microphone is Blue's flagship recording tool, combining low noise and superb transient response integrated with a system of eight optional interchangeable capsules (the Bottle Caps). In an instant, these bayonet-mount capsules can be exchanged to provide different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns while the power supply remains on. The Class A discrete amplifier circuit of The Bottle is a thoroughly modern homage to the past, with a design utilizing a single hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode.
When combined with the versatility of Blue's Bottle Caps, The Bottle microphone provides the ultimate recording experience. In keeping with a philosophy of sonic purity and fidelity, Blue does not incorporate pads or filters which only degrade signal integrity. The result is a microphone that many recording artists and engineers consider the ultimate in sound, quality and innovation available today.
9610 Power Supply
No other commercially available tube mic power supply offers the unique features of the BLUE model 9610. To assure the longevity of the vacuum tube and the stability of the tube microphone circuitry, BLUE has developed the Soft Start feature. The 9610 also features a custom built meter by BLUE is provided to monitor the tube strength of the Bottle mic. Operates at either 110 or 240 voltages.
Requires phantom power.
- The ultimate in hand-built craftsmanship
- Class A discrete amplifier circuit with hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode
- Mic system - allows for various capsules to be swapped "on the fly" for maximum versatility
- Integrated capsule shockmounting
- Hand tuned and tested
- Custom-wound output transformer
- Includes accessories: the B6 Large Cardioid Capsule, 9610 Tube Power Supply, Champagne Tube Mic Cable, and ATA flight case
- Optional Accessories (sold separately): B0: Cardioid large diaphragm "The Ultimate Big Vocal Sound", B1: Cardioid small diaphragm "The Accuracy Plus Capsule", B2: Figure of Eight large diaphragm "The Vintage Capsule"B3: Cardioid mid-sized diaphragm "The Neutral Capsule", B4: Perspex sphere pressure Omni small diaphragm "The Big Omni", B5: Pressure Omni large diaphragm "The Presence Omni", B7: Cardioid large diaphragm single backplate "The Classic Vocal Sound"
It's a world-class mic locker in one.
The Bottle Studio Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Microphone capsule: B6
Acoustical Operating Principal: Pressure Gradient
Directional Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Range: 20Hz ” 20KHz
Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1k ohms: 20mV/Pa
Rated Impedance 200 ohms
Rated Load Impedance Not less than 1k ohms
S/N ratio CCIR468-3: 76dB
S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87dB-A
Noise Level DIN/IEC 651: 7.5dB-A
Max SPL (0.5% THD) into 2.5k ohms: 134dB
Dynamic Range (2.5k1/2 load): 98dB
Supply Voltage (IEC 268-15): 9610 Tube Power Supply
Weight: 3.74 lbs. (1700 g)
Dimensions: 15.35" x 3.54", (390x 90 mm)