The perfect Pro Tools controller.
Based on the award-winning Avid Pro Tools | S6, Pro Tools | S3 is a compact, EUCON-enabled, ergonomic desktop control surface that offers a streamlined yet versatile mixing solution for the modern sound engineer. Like S6, S3 delivers intelligent control over every aspect of Pro Tools and other DAWs, but at a more affordable price. While its small form factor makes it ideal for space-confined or on-the-go music and post mixing, it packs enormous power and accelerated mixing efficiency for faster turnarounds, making it the perfect fit everywhere, from project studios to the largest, most demanding facilities.
Take complete control of your studio
Experience the deep and versatile DAW control that only Avid can deliver. With its
intelligent, ergonomic design and full EUCON support, S3 puts tightly integrated recording, editing, and mixing control at your fingertips, enabling you to work smarter and faster-with your choice of DAWs-to expand your mixing capabilities and job opportunities. And because S3 is application-aware, you can switch between different DAW sessions in seconds. Plus, its compact footprint fits easily into any space, giving you full reign of the "sweet spot."
Work smarter and faster
S3 combines traditional console layout design with the proven advancements of Pro Tools | S6, ensuring highly intuitive operation, regardless of your experience level. From record-enabling, soloing, and muting tracks, to editing plug-ins, recalling layouts, and automating mixes, you get the tactile control you need to create great sounding mixes faster-with much more precision than working with a keyboard and mouse alone. Plus, when paired with Pro Tools, you gain the advantage of faster workflows and unique features that accelerate your efficiency every step of the way. If you know Pro Tools, you'll feel right at home with S3.
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal level meter
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls; S3 can also be used alongside Artist Transport if you need full jog/shuttle wheel controls
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control
Order today and complete your Pro Tools studio.
S3 Pro Tools Control Surface Studio Specifications:
- Channel strips/faders: 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive,
Encoders: 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders
(16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a
tricolor LED function indicator
Metering: 16 10-segment meters, with pre- and post-fade
Analog inputs: 4 total”2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs
Analog outputs: 4 total”2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs
Headphone output: 1 (1/4-inch TRS) with level control
Ancillary I/O: 2 Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports,
1 footswitch port (1/4-inch TRS)
Height (front, rear with knobs): 1.3 inches, 2.8 inches (3.2 cm, 7.2 cm)
Width x depth 28 x 14.3 inches (71 x 36.3 cm)
Weight :13.8 lbs (6.2 kg)
Software compatibility (subject to change)
Avid Pro Tools 11.2.1 or higher
Avid Pro Tools | HD 11.2.1 or higher
Avid Media Composer 8.1 or higher
Apple Logic Pro X¢ Steinberg Cubase 7 or higher
Steinberg Nuendo 6.5 or higher