61-key portable keyboard that's fun for both beginners and performers with all the extras to get you started.
The Yamaha PSR-E423 61-Key Portable Keyboard Kit features the Yamaha PSR-E423 Keyboard paired with the Yamaha SKB2 Survival Kit.
Yamaha PSR-E423 Keyboard
The Yamaha PSR-E423 portable keyboard offers several innovative features. This includes the basic features for learning to play, such as the Yamaha portable grand button (which instantly resets the keyboard to the finest onboard piano settings) and the Yamaha Education Suite buttons (which include built-in songs and 7 levels of lessons). In addition, the Yamaha PSR-E423 has features for when it's time to perform, such as synthesizer control knobs for realtime control of the filter, effects, sound envelope, and style tempo. The Yamaha keyboard's arpeggiator provides 150 different patterns and 40 arpeggio voices. Along with its black body, these easy-to-use, professional features set this 61-note keyboard apart from others in its class.
Control knobs, arpeggiator, and pitch bend
Most of the features of the Yamaha PSR-E423 have been enhanced over its predecessor. 2 control knobs provide realtime control for filtering the main melody tone and changing the tempo of the arpeggio, just like an analog synthesizer. The Yamaha keyboard's pitch bend wheel brings voices like the sax and trumpet to life.
Improved arpeggio function
Tap into instant inspiration with the arpeggio function, which has been improved for smoother playability. The Yamaha keyboard's hold mode and allocated key-range will free you up to play with both hands. It provides an expanded 150 patterns that automatically generate even more useful phrases that change depending on the notes and chords you play.
A variety of new dynamic voices
Dynamic voices usually found on high-end workstations are now on the PSR-E423 61-note keyboard. There are 2 different waveforms that change depending on how hard you play the keyboard, allowing for more expression on voices, such as an overdriven or nylon guitar. High-quality voices, from acoustic instruments to electric sounds, have been expanded to 700 varieties. All of these voices sound even better through the bass-enhanced, 2-way speakers.
Wider world content and 174 varieties of styles with auto-backing mode
Arabic, Indian, and Chinese content has been added to styles, rhythms, and voices. With these styles and voices, you'll sound like you've got a professional backing band behind you.
Extended flash memory and connectivity to PC with USB
4 times more flash memory has been added to the Yamaha PSR-E423 keyboard so you can play along with your favorites transferred from a PC.
Yamaha SKB2 Survival Kit
The Yamaha SKB2 contains everything you need to get the most from your Yamaha portable keyboard. This kit contains a power adaptor, a foot switch, headphones, and a DVD with plenty of learn to play software, digital owner's manuals and information on other Yamaha products. Plus, you also receive a two-year extended warranty and over $200 of rebate coupons on great Yamaha instruments and accessories.
- Yamaha Keyboard:
- 61 keyboard-style keys
- Touch response: yes
- Number of voices: 700 (183 panel voices + 462 XGlite voices + 15 drum/SFX kits + 40 arpeggio voices)
- Number of polyphony: 32
- Featured voices: Sweet! voice x 5; Cool! voice x 3; dynamic voice x 3
- Voice edit: 2 control knobs (filter cutoff/resonance, effect reverb/chorus, EG attack/release, style filter cutoff/resonance, style tempo)
- Compatibility: XG lite/ XG/ GM: yes/ no/ yes
- Reverb/chorus: 9 types/4 types
- Preset master EQ: 5 types
- Dual/split: yes/ yes
- Harmony/echo: 26 types
- Arpeggio: 150 types
- Preset/user: 174/yes
- Sections: intro/ending /main A/main B/fill AB/fill BA
- Fingering: multi
- Playback: number of preset songs: 30 (30 onboard, 70 CD-ROM); compatible file format: SMF
- Recording: number of songs: 5 (maximum); number of tracks: 6 (5 melody + 1 chord); realtime/step/ edit: yes/ no/ no
- User song to SMF converter: no
- Score display: no
- Easy song arranger: Yes
- Music database overall control:
- Number of songs: 305
- Tempo/metronome: yes
- Transpose/tuning: -12 to 0, 0 to +12/ ±100 cents
- Pitch bend range: 1 to 12
- Type: Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.); waiting, your tempo, minus one
- Repeat & learn: yes
- Chord dictionary: yes
- Performance assistant technology:
- One touch setting:
- Yes (including voice list)
- Registration memory:
- 2 pads x 8 banks
- Pitch bend wheel: yes
- Control knobs: yes, knobs x 2
- Pedal: sustain (optional)
- Type: custom LCD/92mm x 42mm
- Backlit: yes (blue LED)
- Flash memory XG/XF songs: yes (1.8 MB)
- Song: style: yes
- Others: yes
- Key cover style: sliding
- PC connectivity:
- Song transfer: yes
- Interactive (DMN/Hi-Chao): yes
- Auxiliary jacks:
- DC In: DC In, Phones (Output), Pedal (Sustain), USB to host (MIDI)
- Amp and speakers:
- 2.5W+2.5W/12cm & times; 2 + 3cm x2
- Bundled accessories:
- Hard-copy songbook: no
Get the most out of your Yamaha keyboard with this special keyboard/accessories combo. Order today!
PSR E-423 61-Key Portable Keyboard w/ Survival Kit Specifications:
Power supply: PA-130 adaptor (not included), or six "AA" size, LR6 or equivalent batteries (not included)
Dimensions (without music rest):
37.2"W x 5.4"H x 15.8"D
15 lb., 7oz.