Easy-to-use Session software and compact, 25-note keyboard.
M-Audio's Session KeyStudio 25 is the compact make-music-now keyboard studio for the PC. Its combination of the ultra-light KeyStudio 25-note USB keyboard and included Session music software gives you much more flexibility than standalone keyboards that have a limited number of built-in sounds. With Session KeyStudio 25, you can use the keyboard to trigger loops and play hundreds of different instrument sounds—including piano, organ, synths and more—in the included Session software. Setup is simple—just install and launch the software and start playing. Session KeyStudio 25 also turns your PC into a full-featured recording studio that's so easy to use, you'll be laying tracks and mixing professional-sounding songs in minutes.
Compact 25-note keyboard
Session is easy and intuitive, designed from scratch to give anybody who loves music the means to create their own songs. You don't need any previous musical experience or a degree in recording engineering. When you start a new song or track, Session automatically configures and guides you through the creative process. In fact, the hardest thing about Session is tearing yourself away from it.
Start playing today
The included KeyStudio 25 keyboard quickly connects to your PC with one USB cable—no extra cables, no drivers and no hassles. Session software instantly recognizes the connected keyboard and takes care of everything else in the background.
Mix-and-match loop production
Loops—short, repeating audio clips—are the creative building blocks of today's music. Session comes with hundreds of professionally recorded loops that you can use to create instant backing tracks. What's more, Session makes it easy to audition loops until you find the perfect ones for your next masterpiece. It's as simple as drag and drop.
Create songs in minutes
In addition to putting hundreds of sounds at your fingertips, the included Session software transforms your PC into a full-featured studio. Since the software was designed to be easy and intuitive, you can go from playing to recording with the click of a button. When you start a new song or track, Session automatically configures and guides you through the creative process. And when you want a new sound or effect, Session helps you find just the right one.
Play piano, synths and more
Use the KeyStudio keyboard to play Session's huge virtual instrument library, which includes everything from classic sounds like pianos and basses to pop- and rock-inspired synths and sound effects. Session even helps you find and audition the right instruments, whether the sound you're looking for is a bold concert grand or funky hip-hop synth. Just select a sound and start playing.
Mixmaster in the house
For the finishing touch, Session has everything you need to turn your jams, remixes and mash-ups into polished, professional-sounding productions. Sweeten a piano line with reverb and echo, give your bass guitar some vintage grit with distortion effects and put some serious thump in your drum loops with powerful equalization and compression tools.
- 25-note, synth-action keyboard
- assignable volume slider
- modulation and pitch bend controls
- eight fully assignable knobs and buttons
- octave +/- buttons
- sustain pedal input
- Powered via USB or external 9VDC adapter (sold separately)
- record instrument tracks using included KeyStudio keyboard and the built-in Syntax sample-based software synthesizer with:
- 800MB of instrument samples
- 260+ instrument presets
- full 128-sound General MIDI sound set
- semi-modular design with full editing capabilities
- create music easily with drag-and-drop loops complete with automatic tempo and pitch matching—2GB loop library included
- find just the right content using the intuitive, context-sensitive browser to filter by instrument type, musical style and other qualities
- ASIO 2
- Kernel Streaming
- Windows XP (SP2) or higher, Windows Vista (32-bit versions)
- 1.6 GHz processor (CPU speed requirement may be higher for laptops)
- ASIO-compatible sound card recommended for optimal performance
- 512 MB RAM, 3.5 GB free hard drive space for complete installation of Session
- DVD drive
- AGP 4X or faster graphics
- 32 MB video RAM
- 1024 x 768 video resolution (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- One native USB port
- Windows XP (SP2) or higher
- Pentium 3, 800 MHz or higher
- 256 MB RAM
- DirectX 9.0b or higher
- Windows Vista (32-bit version)
- 1 GHz Intel or AMD processor
- 512 MB RAM
- One native USB port
- IMPORTANT! Session software is only for PC. Minimum requirements are for class-compliance with keyboard only.
- Macintosh G3 800/G4 733 MHz or higher
- OS X 10.3.9 with 256 MB RAM
- OS X 10.3.9 or greater with 512 MB RAM
- One native USB port