Updated with sounds to match its unparalleled feel.
The Kawai MP8II is a professional stage piano with authentic acoustic-style action and high-fidelity sounds fueled by Kawai's legendary expertise in crafting exceptional grand pianos. The acclaimed AWA PROII action is an innovative key design using real wooden keys with hammers and many characteristics from Kawai's legendary acoustic concert grand pianos. The action is appropriately graded for each playing range with bass key counter-balancing, and correctly located pivot points. By emulating both the weight and movement of their grand piano actions, the Kawai AWA PROII delivers an unmatched feel and response that satisfies the demands of even the most discerning pianist.
The authentic sound of the MP8II begins with the world renowned KAWAI EX Concert grand piano. Placed inside an anechoic chamber, free of audio reflections, the rich sound of this world-class instrument is meticulously analyzed and recorded by Kawai's master piano artisans. The acoustic portrait of each note is later transformed into a precise three dimensional digital representation, employing Kawai's proprietary Harmonic Imaging technology. This unique process faithfully reproduces the broad dynamic range of the original grand piano, while also providing the source for a rich selection of additional high-quality instrument sounds.
Studio quality reverb, and professional digital effects, including distortion, pedal wah, and variable-speed rotary speaker simulation, can be individually applied to each zone, and precisely adjusted in real-time using 4 analogue control knobs. In addition, this area also provides direct access to a 4-band graphic equalizer and advanced tone control envelope parameters, and even allows continuous controller information to be transmitted to an external MIDI device. With powerful features such as these, Kawai is gaining a reputation as the piano of choice among professional stage artists.
As a MIDI master keyboard, the MP8II fulfills the requirements of a professional stage performer, whether in the studio or on tour. The 88-key keyboard can be divided into 4 independent zones, with each zone able to play either internal voices, trigger external MIDI devices, or control both simultaneously, for a maximum playback of 8 sounds. Separate fader sliders allow the levels for each zone to be controlled intuitively, in realtime, with a variety of additional functions and assignments available at the touch of a button, from one of the 256 programmable setups.
- 88 wooden keys with AWA Grand Pro II mechanics
- 192 note polyphony
- Harmonic Imaging Sound Technology
- 256 sounds
- 4 keyboard zones
- 4 Midi real-time CONTROLLER
- 7 reverbs: Plate, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Stage 1, Stage 2, Room 1, Room 2
- 20 effects: chorus, flanger, celeste, ensemble, delay 1-4, auto pan 1-2, tremolo 1-2, phaser 1-2, rotary 1-2, auto wah, pedal wah, enhancer, overdrive
- 256 memory setups
- 16 character x 2 line LCD with backlight
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Master volume
- 4 independent zone volumes
- Individual zone on/off controls
- 4 realtime edit controls
- 4 control mode switches
- Menu and effects navigation controls
- Transpose controls
- Metronome controls
- L/MONO/R 1/4" out jacks
- L/R XLR Out jacks
- Headphone jack
- Connections: MIDI in, Out and Thru; USB connection
- F-20 double expression pedal with help Damper function and sustain
- Dimensions (L x D x H): 57.71" x 17.40" x 7.44" (146.6 x 44.2 x 18.9 x cm)
- Weight: 70.54 lbs. (32 kg)