Stunning accuracy and engaging playability in a black finish.
The Privia Series digital pianos have provided a strong option for people seeking an affordable digital piano with authentic sound and action since its introduction in 2003. The PX160GD is part of the latest version of the Privia series, housed in a classic black chassis. It is stylish and handsome, and every bit a Privia.
Some newer technologies have been installed in the latest Privia, notably Multi-Dimensional Morphing AiR sound generation. Privia piano sounds and other keyboard sounds have never been more realistic both in terms of the precise timbre and in terms of how that timbre responds to key touch. The chief reason to get a digital piano of course is the piano sound, and the PX160GD's piano, created with Casio's AiR technology (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator), is as accurate and satisfying a piano timbre as any other on the market in its price range.
With more than three times the memory of the previous iteration of the Privia series, the AiR processor provides four discrete samples that trigger according to velocity. This means that when you play a forte passage, not only is it louder, it simulates the fire and explosiveness of an acoustic piano played at a louder dynamic. Adjacent strings vibrate, and the character of the attack varies wildly according to playing volume, and the multiple samples triggered by velocity enable the new generation of Privia pianos to emulate an acoustic piano's vast range of expression. AiR even simulates the sound of the open strings when the damper pedal is engaged.
Quality sound system
Sure, it looks on paper like it should sound great, but there is a vast chasm between the printed circuit board and your ears. That's where the Privia's sound system comes in. First, the sounds are amplified in stereo by two eight-watt power stages. The stereo presentation of the sounds preserves a beautiful stereo imaging created in the original samples, and additionally apply stereo effects like chorus and vibrato for an enchanting listening and playing experience. The speakers are ported to the rear, so when you place your Privia against a wall (which is where it typically will reside), you experience a rich and thrilling enhanced low end. Quality transducers, clean power and a smart port design make a magnificent reproduction system for the latest Privia keyboard samples.
Connectivity and sequencing
Connecting to your computer is fast and easy with Privia via USB. You can use the USB connection to control virtual instruments and other music software applications including sequencing, notation and recording programs. You can offload completed sequences from the built-in two track digital recorder, or bring other songs into the Privia for playback in song mode.
- Number of keys: 88 Key
- Action: Graded-hammer
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity Sensitive
- Key Type: Piano-style
- Number of voices: 18
- Polyphony (max): 128-note
- Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- AUX input: No
- MIDI Connectivity: MIDI over USB
- Line output: Yes
- Line input: No
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone jacks: 2
- Pedal inputs: 1 (sustain)
- Storage type: Internal memory
- Expandability available: No
- Onboard Features
- Recording/Playback MIDI sequencer
- Accompaniment styles: Not applicable
- Preset songs: 60
- Display: None
- Effects: Yes
- Built-in speakers: Yes
- Pitch bend/Modulation: Not applicable
- Other controls: Not applicable
- Reverb: Yes
- Chorus: Yes
- Delay: No
- Equalizer: Yes
- Arpeggio: No
- Other: No
- Width: 54.25"
- Height: 33.5"
- Depth: 17.75"
- Weight: 46 lbs.
- Power: Adapter included
- Batteries: Not applicable
- Stand or bench included: Sold Separately
Great sound, handsome styling. Order soon.
PX-160BK Digital Piano Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88 keys, weighted scaled hammer action Simulated ebony and ivory keys Sound Source: Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR Sound Source Polyphony (maximum): 128 Tones: 18 Built-in tones Accompaniment: 60 Song Music Library Pedals: Included: SP-3 (terminal 1) Optional: SP-33 (damper, soft, sostenuto) Half-Damper pedal Operation - Yes (with optional SP-33 3-pedal unit) Key Transpose: 2 octaves (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones) Metronome: Yes Pedals: Included: SP-3 Phones: 2 on Front (Stereo Mini) Pedal: 1 (Damper) Connection for optional 3-Pedal Unit: Yes (SP-33) Line Out: 1/4" L/Mono, R USB port (to Host): Yes Speaker Size: 4.7" x 2 Amplifiers: 8 W + 8 W Size Dimensions: 52" x 11.5" x 5.6" (w/o music stand) Size Dimensions with Optional Keyboard Stand: 52" x 11.5" x 30.2" Weight: 25.5 lbs (w/o music stand)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Didn´t work well
Comments about Casio PX-160BK Digital Piano:
Bought a restock casio PX-16BK digital piano. It had around 7-8 sticking keys that didn´t work well. As well as they bounced improperly. Got my refund, but music 123 didn´t refund shipping and handling.
- Was this a gift?: