Open Box (Mint) Akai Professional MPX16 Sampler
Production & Groove
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
SD sample recorder and player.
MPX16 is an advanced sample player with sixteen backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. With it, musicians, producers and performers can trigger sound samples stored on standard SD or SDHC cards. Insert the SD card, assign its contents to any of the MPX16's pads, and go. At home in the studio as part of a producer's rig or on stage as a solution for triggering critical sounds, MPX16 is a compact sampling powerhouse.
In and Out
While the hyper-responsive trigger pads and backlit display make tapping into your sample library a simple task, the integrated audio inputs empower you to add to it. Two ¼-inch (6.3mm) jacks let you connect your studio gear or other sound sources to the MPX16 for sample capture. Onboard editing tools provide sample trimming and pad assignment for immediate synergy into a production or performance. Use the headphone jack to monitor your captures, or send the audio to a mixer, monitors, a recording interface, etc using the ¼-inch main outs. A built-in mic provides immediate sample capture for those times when inspiration strikes; a dedicated Record Gain knob ensures you get it right.
USB & MIDI
MPX16's flexibility goes beyond pad-triggered audio playback and capture. The full-size rear-panel USB port lets you drag & drop samples from your computer and even use the MPX16 as an SD card reader/writer. The USB connection also provides a pipeline for MIDI data, enabling sample triggering from your DAW or computer-based sequencer. A 5-pin MIDI input means SD samples may be triggered from any MIDI-enabled gear such as keyboards, pad controllers, synths and electronic drums. A 5-pin MIDI output lets the MPX16 function as a dynamic pad controller. Layering wide-ranging sound sources during live and studio performance just got easier.
Akai Pro File Loader software (free download), managing computer-based samples and moving them to the SD card is intuitive. This software also converts sound files into .WAV format for seamless playback on the MPX16. Samples may also be edited from the onboard sample processor; tuning, pad groups, envelopes, sample trimming, panning and volume are tweakable right from the MPX16's top-panel controls.
Ready to go
MPX16's compact footprint means it is at home on a tabletop, music stand, lap, tray-table or in your backpack en route to the studio. Solid Akai Pro design and industry-leading pads ensure it stands up to the daily use you expect it to see.
SD and SDHC cards sold separately.
- Record and play back stereo .WAV samples using any SD card*
- 16 velocity-sensitive MPC-style backlit pads for sample-triggering and finger drumming
- Sample via 1/4-inch (6.3mm) stereo inputs or onboard stereo microphone
- Filter, tune, envelope, and choke grouping on each pad for dynamic performances
- Pro-quality sampling and playback with up to 16-bit/48 kHz resolution
- MIDI In/Out easily integrates MPX16 into your performance or studio setup
- Acts as a MIDI Controller or an SD card reader for loading sounds over USB (selectable on startup)
- Powered over USB or with the included power supply
- Includes MPX16 File Loader software (download) for quick conversion and loading of audio files from your computer
Put the power of Akai sampling to work in your productions.
MPX16 Sampler Specifications:
- MPX16 is based on the MPX8. it is a sampler / playback device that works with SD cards.
16 velocity sensitive pads
Sample and play back stereo wave files using SD Card media
acts as a USB MIDI Controller, or access the SD Card VIA USB.
Dedicated filter, tune envelope, and choke grouping per pad.
Reverb and delay effects
MIDI in / out, USB
Powered via included power supply or by USB.