Open Box (Blemished) Access Virus TI v2 Keyboard Total Integration Synthesizer and Keyboard Controller
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
61 semi-weighted keys, multiple oscillators, FX, filters, and lots of hardware controls and I/O.
The premium-quality Access Virus TI v2 Keyboard synth has 61 semi-weighted keys. The Virus TI features velocity response and aftertouch, and offers pitch and modulataion wheels. All told, The Virus TI v2 Keyboard Total Integration Synthesizer has 32 knobs and 43 buttons that help you manipulate your sound. Among some of the feature highlights are 3 oscillators, 2 independent filters, a 2D modulation matrix, plenty of FX options, an arpeggiator, surround sound output, and more. For more details on all the Virus TI v2 keyboard's features and I/O options, see below.
Like all members of The Virus TI platform, the Virus TI Keyboard v2 Total Integration synthesizer/controller is the sublime fusion of a 12-year triathlon in sound research, distillation of user input, and the simple desire to create an exceptional instrument. Conceived as a virtual analog synthesizer, it grew into a multi-synthesis workstation which seamlessly integrates into your production environment using Access' unique Total Integration plug-in technology. This second version edition features 25% more calculating power and a completely redesigned housing.
This second version edition features 25% more calculating power and a completely redesigned housing. The aesthetically pleasant Virus TI v2 Keyboard has a charcoal-gray finish with wood side panels, as well as red and white LEDs and a white LCD display.
This second generation Virus TI platform features a wealth of inspiring oscillator models such as virtual analogue, hypersaw, wavetable, and graintable oscillators, along with several filter models and a new-to-the-line Character control for emulating the vibe of old analog gear. A ring shifter, several FM types, and a tape delay add the warm lo-fi sound featured so often in music today. The effects section delivers multiple, simultaneous effects including reverb and delay per part, ensuring your patches sound exactly the same in single and multi mode.
The concept of totally integrating a synthesizer, which essentially means streaming audio from the Virus TI into a plug-in hosted by your digital audio workstation, is certain to make some positive waves. Total Integration is Access' proprietary technology, which seamlessly links any Virus TI model and a computer to create a unified system consisting of a powerful hardware synth and a virtual instrument plug-in, which not only controls the Virus TI but also receives audio from it, in order to allow post-processing right inside your computer. This way you get the best of both worlds. Your Virus TI will calculate all the voices and effects and therefore makes the CPU of your computer available for other tasks. Since it is driven by the Virus Control plug-in, the timing (unlike normal MIDI and USB-MIDI timing) will be sample-accurate, and all sound data will be saved within the song or project. Virus Control also offers sophisticated editing capabilities, along with an easy-to-use librarian page to keep track of all your Virus TI patches. The Virus TI's analog input and outputs can also double as an audio interface, and the MIDI sockets can double as a MIDI interface.
As much as a craftsman depends on the quality of his tools in order to achieve exceptional results, you can rely on the Virus to impress your audience. That's because for the success of artists today, a stunning sonic signature is as important as the unforgettable melody, and the Virus TI line provides both.
- Premium quality semi-weighted keyboard with 61 keys, velocity response and aftertouch
- Hold and control pedal inputs
- Sleek charcoal-gray finish
- Red and white LEDs
- White display
- Wood side panels
- 3 main oscillators and one sub oscillator per voice
- A main oscillator can comprise of various oscillator types including the classic virtual analog oscillators (saw, variable pulse, sine, triangle, 62 spectral waves with several FM modes) and hypersaw (a multi saw-tooth oscillator with up to 9 stacked oscillators, 9 sub-oscillators and sync oscillator at the same time)
- Wavetable oscillators with 100 multi-index wavetables, feature variable resolution and optional pulse-width modulation
- Graintable oscillators apply granular synthesis techniques for independent control of pitch and formants to warp a waveform beyond recognition
- Formant oscillators sound like running a signal through a massive, modulatable filter bank with hundreds of resonant bands being morphed by the wavetable index
- Two fully independent filters (lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bandstop) with an optional saturation module located in between both filter blocks
- The saturation module can add one of several distortions and lo-fi effects or an additional low/high-pass filter
- Optional self-resonating MoogT cascade filter simulation with circuit overload and 1-4 poles
- Two-dimensional modulation matrix with six slots (1 source and 3 modulation targets each)
- Every feasible parameter can be modulated in realtime
- 3 LFOs with additional hard-wired destinations along with one user-definable slot
- 2 lightning-fast, multi-stage envelopes (ADSTR) - LFOs can be used as ramp generators as well
- The FX section has independent delay and reverb per patch (even in multi mode), along with multiple distortion/lo-fi algorithms, phaser, chorus/flanger, character control, ring modulator/shifter, and EQ, plus a global vocoder
- There is no difference between single and multi modes”patches sound exactly the same
- Each patch contains it's own arpeggiator pattern feat. 32 programmable steps (length and velocity can be adjusted per step) along with a global control for swing/shuffle timing and one for note lengths
- Nearly every parameter including the pattern itself, the amount of octaves, and many more, can be controlled using the modulation matrix
- Surround sound output:
- Every part can be panned dynamically between two stereo outputs for quadraphonic effects
- Hardware controls:
- 32 knobs, 43 buttons, 73 LEDs
- Pitch/Modulation wheels
- Between 25 to 110 voices, depending on the complexity of the patch
- Estimates are based on single mode performance results may vary in multi mode
- Multi Mode:
- Multi programs can have fully-independent embedded singles, without the links to single banks required by most synths providing freedom from breaking other programs
- 1024 RAM and 3328 ROM sounds, 16 embedded multi patches along with 112 conventional multi slots, 16 parts in multi mode
- Remote Templates:
- Turn the Virus into a MIDI remote as the sound engine will still work independently
- 32 user-programmable templates to reassign most panel knobs controlling control 3rd party plug-ins and MIDI synthesizers
- Smooth parameter changes:
- Adaptive control-smoothing provides parameter changes with no zippering artifacts
- With knob quantize, a clock ratio is selected and parameter changes are updated at specified intervals only
- The result is sample-and-hold parameter movements, evocative of step sequencer sounds
- The unique DJ style audio slicer turns the Virus TI into an powerful realtime FX for DJ applications
- Virus Control is an VST/AU/RTAS compatible plug-in
Access has taken their own synth/controller to a whole new level. Find out what it can do now.
Virus TI v2 Keyboard Total Integration Synthesizer and Keyboard Controller Specifications:
6 balanced outputs (@ +4dB), backed by 192kHz/24-bit D/A converters with soft-limiting
Two inputs with 24-bit A/D
Dedicated headphone out
MIDI in, out, and thru
S/PDIF digital audio (44.1/48kHz) inputs & outputs
USB is used for MIDI and audio transmission (adding 3 additional stereo audio outputs) and works at 12Mb/s