Leo’s own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe with impressive innovations.
The G&L S-500 debuted in 1982 as Leo’s own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, delivering innovations including the Dual-Fulcrum vibrato and Magnetic Field Design single-coil pickups, each designed by Leo Fender himself. These MFD pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end and robust bottom end, all without losing midrange focus.
You’ll find plenty of punch in the MFD pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the S-500’s PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups. What’s more, the S-500 Deluxe includes a push/pull volume pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT Special.
The S-500 Deluxe features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. A hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its 12” radius lets you bend notes deeply and its Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
Leo’s forward-looking spirit is clearly reflected in the S-500, a guitar he designed for players who share that spirit. The S-500 Deluxe departs further from the expected, with a stunning Premium flamed maple top bent over the arm contour shaped into a Mahogany body.
- Bolt-on construction
- 25-1/2" scale
- Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coils
- Premium flame maple top over mahogany
- Hard rock maple with maple or rosewood fingerboard
- G&L C-shaped neck with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut width
- 100% natural bone
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel, Plek dressed
- 12:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with forged brass saddles
- 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), push/pull volume pot enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together
Experience the genius of Leo's contribution to the guitar-playing world. Order today.