Pro features and a Floyd Rose whammy bar.
Epiphone's Les Paul Plus Top Pro/FX has all the great features and looks of a Les Paul but adds a double-locking Floyd Rose tremolo and coil-splitting for an amazing combination of crunch and versatility.
In the neck position is Epiphone's Alnico Classic humbucker, which provides warmth and subtle tone with a full, even response that doesn't hold back when you need that classic humbucker crunch. In the bridge position is the Alnico Classic Plus humbucker. A perfect companion to the Classic, it is overwound for a slightly higher output without sacrificing its rich, vintage tone. Both feature Alnico-II magnets, enamel wire, and are double vacuum waxed. 4-wire output on each pup allows for coil-tapping, and this Les Paul guitar takes full advantage of it with push/pull potentiometers on both volume controls. Combined with the 3-way toggle, these give you 8 killer tones in one great Les Paul guitar.
The Epiphone Pro/FX guitar features a Floyd Rose Special nickel-plated tremolo. The Les Paul body is routed out in back of the tremolo to allow for pitch raising up to 2-1/2 steps while the downward range is wide enough to get the strings slack. It's combined with an R4 locking nut for improved tuning stability.
As with all great Epiphone Les Paul guitars, the Pro/FX features a solid Mahogany back with a highly flamed maple top and a solid mahogany neck that's hand-fitted and glued into the body for excellent neck-to-body contact. The neck features a SlimTaper "D" profile that's both comfortable and fast.
Other features on the Epiphone Les Paul guitar include quality Grover machine heads, LockTone Tune-O-Matic/stopbar, and Epiphone's own StrapLocks.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Top: flamed maple
- Back: mahogany
- Neck: set mahogany
- Scale length: 24-3/4"
- Neck shape: SlimTaper "D"
- Tuners: Grover
- Fretboard: rosewood
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Neck pickup: Alnico Classic
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic Plus
- Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones with coil-splitting, 3-way toggle
- Pickup selections:
- 1) Neck humbucker
- 2) Bridge humbucker
- 3) Neck/Bridge humbucker
- 4) Neck single-coil
- 5) Bridge single-coil
- 6) Neck/Bridge single-coil
- 7) Neck humbucker/Bridge single-coil
- 8) Neck single-coil/Bridge humbucker
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special tremolo
- Hardware plating: nickel
Les Paul Plustop PRO/FX Electric Guitar Specifications:
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Epiphone Les Paul Plustop PRO/FX Electric Guitar:
The finish is quite nice on this guitar, no real complaints there. In fact the "vintage sunburst" looks a lot better than the pictures do it justice.
My two complaints about the guitar I received are:
1) The fret ends are "edgy" and were obviously not dressed well enough, even though they got the QA checkmark on the tag. Luckily, I can remedy this myself.
2) The traditional Gibson style fret inlays used are fairly well installed, but they must have used what scrap pieces were there in the shop in China when they made this particular neck. They used two distinctively different inlay materials, and it is quite noticable. There is NO excuse for that. Again, the QA checked off this "inlay" box on the tag as being "OK".
Like all guitars made in China, this one needs work before it is truly playable as well. It didn't even get plugged in or played, it went straight to the bench where it will get some fret leveling in addition to the fret end dressing. Then a couple coats of tung oil, and check the setup, and it should be good to go.