Open Box (Blemished) Cordoba Fusion 12 Jet Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Classical Guitar
Acoustic Classical & Nylon Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A nylon-string guitar with classical playability with modern styling and electronics.
The Jet belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion Series, a line of high-quality crossover or hybrid-style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48 mm (1-7/8 in.). With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion Series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion Series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
Additional features include cutaway and non-cutaway body styles, Fishman or B-Band pickups, two-way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion Series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Jet is built with a solid Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. It gets its name from its "jet" black finish, a high-gloss polyurethane black that goes beautifully with the guitar’s mother-of-pearl appointments on the headstock and rosette. It also comes equipped with the Fishman Presys pickup. The fingerboard and bridge are rosewood, neck has 12 or 14 frets to the body (14 Jet) and comes with a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
The 12-fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. The 14-fret model has a more familiar upper register for steel string players. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
- Top: Solid Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides: Rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Ivoroid ABS binding/Rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3-ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Rosette: Mother-of-pearl
- Finish: High-gloss jet black polyurethane finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Rosewood radiused fingerboard/Fusion Style neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4 mm
- Scale Length: 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Nut Width: 48 mm (1-7/8 in.)
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275 mm (10.8 in.) at upper bout, 365mm (14.4 in.) at lower bout
- Body Depth: 88 mm (3.5 in.) at upper bout, 88 mm (3.5 in.) at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys, built-in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pickguard: NA
- Case: Cordoba gig bag
- The Restock has a body depth of about 3 in.
- The Restock has mahogany back and sides
- The pickup on the Restock is the B-Band A6T
Crossover to the dark side. Order this stage-ready Cordoba today.
Fusion 12 Jet Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Classical Guitar Specifications:
- Scale length: 25.5", (650mm)
Fingerboard radius: 16"
Nut width: 1.96" (50mm)
Number of frets: 12 to body, 19 total
Body width at lower bout: 14.75", (375mm)
Body length 39.5", (1,003mm)
Body depth: upper bout: 3.7" (95mm), lower bout: 3.9" (100mm)