Hand-carved and hand-graduated top and back at an unprecedented price point.
The Loar's hand-carved and hand-graduated A-model mandolin (LM-300-VS) was developed using classic tried-and-true design techniques. With hand-shaped x-bracing and stripped down appointments, the LM-300 gives players the sound they've come to expect from The Loar at an unprecedented price point.
The Loar LM-300 mandolin is assembled with a solid carved spruce top and solid maple back and sides. The maple neck has a comfortable rounded v-profile to fit in the hand perfectly. For players who prefer a more streamlined look, the LM-300 has a single layer of ivoroid binding. High-quality Grover tuners, nickel hardware and an extremely thin polyurethane lacquer finish all combine to make this professional-quality instrument an amazing value and a first for the professional mandolin market. Case sold separately.
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Flamed Maple Back, Solid Flamed Maple sides
- Neck: One-Piece Flamed Maple with Rounded V-Profile
- Fretboard: Bound Rosewood with Ivory Binding
- Headstock Inlay: Loar Fern Abalone/M.O.P.
- Finish Type: Hand-buffed Nitrocellulose
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Nickel-Plated
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivory
- Bridge: Compensated Ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Case sold separately
Step up to this superb, hand-crafted mandolin. Order today.