Combines pre-war and modern features to create the ultimate bluegrass banjo.
The Recording King RK-R80 Professional resonator banjo features a mahogany resonator, mahogany neck, bound ebony fretboard, American Standard thread hardware, 20-hole tone ring and a 3-ply rim. Designed by Greg Rich, this model recalls the most supremely crafted banjos from the Golden Age of musical instruments.
The Professional features the traditional Recording King floral peghead and inlay and an authentic Mastertone-style flange. With its exceptional tone and handcrafted perfection, this banjo will appeal to players as well as collectors.
- One-piece mahogany resonator with concentric rings
- One-Piece mahogany Neck
- Mastertone-Style Banjo Flange
- Mastertone-Style Tone Ring
- 3-Ply Maple Rim
- Bound Ebony Fretboard
- Dual Coordinator Rods
- "Style 6" mother-of-pearl Floral Peghead and Fretboard Inlay
- Presto-Style Tailpiece
- Nickel-Plated Hardware
- Remo Frosted Head
- Notched Hoop
- Natural Finish
- Nut Width: 1-3/16"
- Head Size: 11", medium crown (7/16" height)
- Frets: 22
- Total Length: 38"
- Weight: 11.4 lb.
- Includes Recording King Vintage Hardshell Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Case sold separately
Ready to deliver a plucking good time. Order today.