Tenor tuning gives you a lower, richer tone.
The 270 Super Chromonica Tenor harmonica offers an alternative for players seeking a lower, richer tone in their chromatic playing. The harp is tuned one octave lower than middle C and plays 3 whole octaves (starting at one octave below middle C).
A go-to harmonica for many of the world's leading harp musicians, the tenor Super Chromonica has a 3-octave, chromatic range beginning at middle C. The chromatic harmonicas 48 reeds are fitted with special wind-saving valves. Hohner crafts the 270 Super Chromatic with a precision pearwood comb optimized for superior reed response over its complete range”from the mellow low octave to the bright and clear top octave.
The tenor Hohner 270 Super Chromonica is the haronica to have if you ever feel like you're missing just the right note to get the sound you need. The Super Chromonica is impeccably designed with a slide button system that makes every note, every style, and every expression available to you on one beautiful harp. Whether you're playing sophisticated, tasty jazz melodies or your favorite pop tune, use the tenor 270 Super Chromonica to change keys even in mid-song for artistic impact. The Hohner 270 Super Chromonica can lay it down like Toots Thielemans or the great Larry Adler. Any key you can think up like major, minor, blues, or bebop is available on the Super Chromonica tenor chromatic harp. Hohner crafts the Super Chromonica with a wood body for a warm tone that covers 3 complete octaves.
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
- 12-hole chromatic
- Tenor tuning: one octave below middle C
- Reeds: 48 with wind-saver valves
- Reedplates: Brass; 1.05 mm
- Pearwood comb
- Length: 15.5 cm
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
Achieve the sound you need for your musical genre with this chromatic harp when you order today.