Tone ring banjo at a surprising price.
Special means it has Deering's patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring. This is the lowest-priced Deering banjo made with a tone ring. The openback style makes it suitable for clawhammer or frailing styles of playing, while the increased brightness and volume is a wonderful surprise to players who play in the more traditional bluegrass style of play.
If you prefer to play clawhammer or frailing style and want the openback sound but with a louder voice, The Goodtime Special Open back is the banjo for you. If you play occaisional finger picking, the Goodtime Special is the perfect compromise between the sweet sound of the open back banjo but with more power that comes from the steel Goodtime Special tone ring. The three-ply violin maple rim and steel tone ring work together for the best blend of brightness, with sweet rich banjo sound. The blonde maple neck and rim are visually enhanced by the exotic hard wood inlays in the fingerboard. Made in the USA.
Case sold separately.
- Select woods
- Clear tone
- Easy to play
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- New Patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11" Top Frosted High Crown Head
- 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32³ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish Tone: Louder projection and clarity from the tone ring of a full bodied tone
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1-1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 26-1/4"
- Rim diameter: 11"
- Overall Instrument Length: 37-1/2"
- Instrument Weight: 6.5 lb.
- 6-year warranty
- Case sold separately
Order today and experience a real Derring banjo.