With sound quality, color, sustain, and volume perfectly balanced to achieve optimal tonal presence.
The Primary Line FSC Deep Bass Metallophone has a mellow sound with plenty of volume. It features 16 special alloy metal bars that are precision tuned to A 440 by hand - including overtone tuning for the lower range and fundamentally tuning for the higher range. The note range is c to a1 with two F#, and one Bb included. Note names and notation symbols printed on each bar.
A new resonator box design offers improved resonance and a more balanced tone. Cross laminated FSC certified pure birch plywood ensures greater strength and durability. 100% glued seams provide true resonance and sound clarity (no screws are used to hold the box together). Reinforced end plates add extra carrying support. Flexible rubber pins allow easy removal or replacement of bars. Resonator box can be used with accessory legs or BT trolley chromatic add-ons (sold separately).
Primary Line offers the most Orff (tone bar) instruments manufactured of wood from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified forests - at no additional charge! All FSC models perfectly complement in pitch, timbre, and intonation of existing Primary Line models.
- Tonal range: C to A1
- Number of bars: 16
- Tones: C, D, E, F, F#, G, A, Bb, B, C1, D1, E1, F1, F#1, G1, A1
- Scale: C major
- Sound bar material: Metal, specially light alloy
- Sound bar color: Silver
- Sound bar width: 1.37" (35mm)
- Sound bars thickness: 0.39" (10mm)
- Tuning: overtone tuning up to A, fundamental tuning from Bb
- Resonator box: With 6 chambers made of FSC certified birch plywood
- Finish: Non-toxic Proterra eco-friendly
- Mallets: One pair SCH 15