Top Descant Horn!
The H200 Descant Horn
This instrument is a "full" (not compensating) double, requiring no compromise of intonation on valve combination, as is the case with compensating designs. The fifth valve is a Bb-F rotor. The fourth valve is a muting valve that lowers the horn 3/4 step to bring stopped horn mutes into tune; no transposing is necessary. Extra fourth slide puts Bb horn in the key of A, so written E horn parts do not have to be transposed.
- Key of Bb/high F Descant
- .468" bore
- 12.25" large-throated, hand-hammered yellow brass detachable bell
- 5 valves
- Tapered hand-lapped brass rotors
- Brass branches and crooks with solid nickel silver connecting ferrules
- Slides are hand-lapped brass both inside and outside
A horn the advanced player will find liberating. Make it your main instrument. Order today.
H200 Professional Descant French Horn Specifications:
- Bell: 12.25" diameter large-throated hand-hammered yellow brass, detachable
Key: F-Bb/High F
Pitch: A445 with independent tuning F
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Holton H200 Professional Descant French Horn:
The H200 is better in tune, more consistent sound in all registers, and is more responsive than the 12D. Plus it has a detachable bell. The case is cheap though. The H200 is a shameless copy of the original Paxman 40. Of course, you know about imitation and flattery!!!