A re-imagined version of a classic Fender bass restored to the way it was when it was introduced all those years ago.
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots--expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best-selling guitars and basses (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, Fender has completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept--restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more--based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down to make sure they had it right. Fender did the work, and it shows, because there's pure magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The Jazz Bass acquired an even slimmer "C"-shaped maple neck in 1964. That's what you'll find here on the American Vintage '64 Jazz Bass, which has other authentic features including a round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and clay-colored dot inlays, three-ply white pickguard (four-ply tortoiseshell pickguard on 3-Color Sunburst and Olympic White models), new American Vintage '64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups, lower-mounted finger rest, vintage-style bridge with threaded steel "barrel" saddles, black plastic control knobs, reverse tuners, chrome pickup and "F"-stamped bridge covers with vintage-accurate positioning, auxiliary strap button on the back of the headstock, and more. Includes case.
- Alder body
- Fender flash coat lacquer body and neck finish
- Maple, "C"-shape neck
- Round-laminated rosewood fingerboard
- 20, Vintage-style frets
- Bone string nut
- Vintage-style heel adjust truss rod
- American Vintage '64 Jazz Bass single-coil (bridge and neck) pickups
- American Vintage reverse open-gear tuning machines
- Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone controls
- Black plastic control knobs
- American Vintage Bass bridge with threaded steel "barrel" saddles
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- 4-Ply Tortoiseshell pickguard on 3-Color Sunburst and Olympic White; 3-Ply White/Black/White pickguard on Placid Blue with matching headstock and Black
- Other Features: Mounted Chrome Pickup and "F" Bridge Cover with Vintage-Accurate Positioning, Lower-Mounted Finger Rest, Clay-Colored Dot Position Inlays, Auxiliary Strap Button on Back of Headstock
- Includes case
Don't need anymore when you've got a '64.
American Vintage '64 Jazz Bass Specifications:
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
Nut Width: 1.48" (37.59 mm)