The tones you love from the '60s and '70s with modern reliability.
The PRS HXDA tube amp head uses the PRS 25th Anniversary amp as a platform. It underscores the flexibility of the British-inspired 25th Anniversary amp while capturing the iconic tones of late 1960s and early 1970s rock. The Cinemag output transformer proved to be the perfect match for the desired component specifications and the addition of three switches (that essentially control the amp's brightness and gain) added tonal flexibility by making key components "lead" specs. These specifications, along with the internally bridged bass and treble channels and the HXDA and bass gain controls, allow considerable tonal variations from bright and crunchy to fat and smooth. With this amp, PRS has achieved a tone equal to the revered smooth, fat, singing, slightly less gainy tone of famed 1960s and 1970s amps.
- 2 "Winged C" EL34 power tubes
- 3 JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Class A/B
- Cinemag Output Transformer
- Front Controls: Input, HXDA Gain, Bass Gain, Treble, Mid, Presence, Master and 3 HXDA switches
- Rear Controls: Mains Fuse, Power Switch, Standby Switch
- 4, 8 and 16 Ohm Selection - five output jacks
Call or click to get this classic tone and modern reliability.