Bogner Ecstasy Blue Overdrive/Boost Guitar Effects Pedal
Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The dynamic crunch and warmth of the legendary Ecstasy amplifier's Blue Channel, now in a compact pedal.
The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992, and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy Blue pedal captures the classic Blue-Channel tone of this legendary amplifier, acclaimed for its ability to deliver iconic and classic rock 'n' roll crunch. It's no secret that the Blue Channel cranks out stunning Plexi-like tones, but when the going gets tough it can crush on demand as well.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy Blue pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier's Blue channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy Blue is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9V power supply. Reinhold's advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier's legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a "dropped voltage" dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Plexi and Blue modes offer vintage lower-gain or modified higher-gain levels
- Pre-EQ Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control "openness" and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras and models of Ecstasy amplifiers
- Jacks: input, output and remote
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold
Outfit your rig with legendary Blue-Channel tone. Order now.