An innovative amplifier with a distinctive mid-range notch and excellent distortion characteristics.
The Stone Pony 25W Tube Guitar Amp Head enjoys the flexibility of 65amps' exclusive 'Bump' front end that employs an EF86 preamp tube feeding a 12AX7 phase inverter. The tone stack is adjusted to accommodate the Stone Pony's unique power tube, an unusual one called the 7591 that you'd find on old Ampegs from the '60s. This unique tube has a very distinctive mid-range notch and excellent distortion characteristics, but also a nice, aggressive clean sound. It gets a really nice furry distortion reminiscent of the '60s Stones and Faces.
65amps have optimized the transformers for the 7591's with the guys at Mercury Magnetics and nailed the old 7591 format only with a much-enhanced vocabulary. With the six-way knob you can dial in anything from a nice pleasant crunchy rhythm sound all the way up to full on modern distortion. It's a very dynamic tube that way. In addition, the tube reflects each guitar you're playing extremely well, so that you hear and feel the distinct characteristics of your guitar.
65amps also put their "Master Voltage" TM knob on the Stone Pony that will reduce the B+ voltage and output in the amp in an unique way that keeps the internal tube relationships perfect while keeping the filament voltage up. After seeing all other power schemes' shortcomings, 65amps come at this from a different angle. You can dial this amp down to 3 watts output WITHOUT losing tone, feel, vocabulary, authority, etc.
- Exclusive Bump circuit for tone boost
- Unusual tube configuration reminiscent of old Ampeg amps
- Distinctive mid-range notch and excellent distortion characteristics
Get ready for a revelation in tube tone. Order today.
Stone Pony 25W Tube Guitar Amp Head Specifications:
- Output: 25 Watts
- Tubes: EF86 and 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 7591 power tubes,
- Panel controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Booster, Bump™, Bump Tone™, Bump Level™, Master Voltage™
- Extras: Passive effects loop, two-button footswitch jack, dual speaker outs, switch for 8Ω & 16Ω impedance
- Cabinet: Finger-jointed Baltic birch
- Head dimensions: 25" L x 9" D x 11" H / 26.4 lb.
- Weight in box: Head: 29 lb.
- Accessories: Footswitch included