As official an USB charging and Sync cable as you can get.
This Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB Sync and Charging cable lets you connect you iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to charge your device or sync with your media library and is retractable into a convenient little encasing.
What does it mean for "Apple MFi Certified" and how important it is?
Apple MFi certification is a license shown that Apple (Apple Inc.) has authorized accessory manufacturers to mark the MFi logo on their products. MFi is the abbreviation of Made for iPod, Made for iPhone, and Made for iPad.
Apple allows manufacturers to print the MFi logo on the product package. However, there are many strict regulations to use the Apple unified logo. The rate of getting the MFi certification is very low and under 5%. In order to maintain the product life cycle and ensure Apple brand image, Apple requires the quality and taste of accessories with the MFi logo on the same level as Apple products. Only after passing multiple tests, the license can be authorized by Apple. The accessories with the MFi logo hold more reliable guarantee for customers than others. It is a symbol of high-quality and strength of technology for manufacturers and design company to apply for and successfully obtained the MFi license.
Apple insures a specific and mandatory requirement: the functional accessories for Apple products sold by all authorized reseller must be certified and have the MFi license. Or, Apple will not make any warranty if using the accessories without authorization to cause damage for any Apple product.
- Apple MFi certified Lightning cable - built with genuine Lightning connector from Apple
- Retracts into a small, convenient encasement
- Compatible with iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 5S / 5C, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod 5th generation, and iPod nano 7th generation
- Charges the iPod, iPhone, or iPad with Lightning connector and syncs with your computer through an available USB port
- Built with highly reliable molded connector on both ends