Yamaha YAS-82Z Custom Z Series Alto Saxophone YAS-82ZB - Black LacquerProduct #483901 Yamaha 483901 KDAC Professional Alto Saxophones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Modern action married with classic sound.
Yamaha developed the YAS-82Z Custom Z Series Alto Saxophone to be a sax capable of performing both classical and jazz music. The resulting YAS-82Z Custom alto saxophone will knock jazz sax players out with its projection and sweet tone. Classical saxophonists will appreciate the control the alto Yamaha YAS-82Z sax gives them over their tone from pianissimo to fortissimo.
The Yamaha YAS-82Z incorporates several features found on famous Yamaha saxophones of the past as well as offering many improvements on models such as the popular Yamaha YAS-62 saxophone. Yamaha engineers also maintained their consistently high build quality and the free-blowing nature that characterizes Yahama saxophones.
Yamaha's YAS-82Z captures the sound of popular vintage saxophones of the past, but adds the comfort of modern mechanisms and playability. The Yamaha Custom Z's body is made from a special brass alloy for a lighter weight saxophone and tonal flexibility only dreamt of until now. The saxophone's Custom G1 neck helps produce a quick and agile response, while key action and placement feel just right.
Saxophone body design
The Yamaha YAS-82Z saxophone boasts a 2-piece hydro-formed bell for durability and well-formed tone. The body, bell, and bow are annealed during production to increase the YAS-82Z saxophone's response and give it less air resistance.
The new mechanisms on the Yamaha YAS-82Z sax mean faster action and they make adjustments easy while keeping repairs to a minimum.
Blue steel springs
Yamaha equips the YAS-82Z sax with blue steel springs for faster, more sensitive key response and higher resilience and durability.
New Yamaha case
Yamaha delivers the YAS-82Z sax with a newly designed lightweight case that includes a handy shoulder strap.
The beautiful Yamaha YAS-82Z saxophone's eye-catching engraving gives you the look of a custom horn. And there's even an availabe non-lacquered version for those who prefer that look..
All Yamaha wind instruments come with a limited 5-year warranty.
- 62-style keys
- Mother-of-pearl finger buttons
- 62-style French brass body
- One-piece, rib construction
- Non-annealed, custom G1 neck
- 2-piece water-bulged, engraved bell
- 62-style key mechanism
- High F# key
- Adjustable front F key
- Gold lacquer finish
- Steeper tapered pivot screws
- Adjustable split ball octave mechanism
- Bigger nickel silver ring
- Premium case
A serious saxophone for the serious saxophone player. Order today.
YAS-82Z Custom Z Series Alto Saxophone Specifications:
- Level: Custom Z
- Key: Eb
- Neck: Custom G1
- Neck Material: French Brass
- Body Material: French Brass (annealed)
- Bell: French Brass (annealed); Two-piece
- Key Material: Yellow Brass
- Key Buttons: Mother of pearl
- Tone Holes: Drawn
- Auxiliary Keys: Front F; High F# key
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4CM
- Mouthpiece Cap: Yellow brass; Gold lacquer
- Silver-plated (YAS-82ZS)
- Ligature: Yellow brass; Gold lacquer (YAS-82Z/ZB);
- Silver-plated (YAS-82ZS)
- Spring Type: Blue steel needle
- Pad Type: Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell Decoration: Hand engraved
- Thumb Hook: Adjustable plastic
- Pivot Screw: Bullet tip design with head
- Mounting: Ribbed and flanged