Yamaha Artist Select Jeff Coffin Model YTS-82ZU Tenor SaxophoneProduct #584081 Yamaha 584081 KDDC Professional Tenor Saxophones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Played and Approved by Jeff Coffin
States Kurt Witt, Marketing Manager, Winds, Yamaha Band & Orchestral Division: "Each artist went through a long process testing and narrowing down the instruments to a final group. Repeatedly, the artists praised the instruments they selected and noted that they could literally be played on a gig that very night."
The complete Artist Selection process has been chronicled through Yamaha's various social websites including the Yamaha Winds blog, yamahawinds.wordpress.com and on also its Facebook page, facebook.com/yamahawinds There, users can view videos detailing the process along with interviews with the artists.
Each saxophone will ship with a certificate of authenticity showing the serial number, lot number (#1 of 16 etc.) along with the artist's signature. Also included will be an array of accessories including a Yamaha Monster sax swab, TD-100 tuner, AirCell neckstrap and a ME-D1 metronome. Additionally, an iTunes giftcard will be included in the package giving the buyer the ability to purchase music by the selected artist.
Finally: a modern sax that actually captures the sound and feel of those treasured classic saxes of the past! - while adding state-of-the art intonation and mechanism. Based on the scale of the classic '62' models, the new Custom Z saxes have bodies that are made of a special brass alloy for lighter weight, a great playing 'feel,' and the kind of tonal flexibility you've always dreamed of. The Z plays evenly in all ranges, and gives you a huge dynamic range for as much-or as little-sound as you want. The Custom G1 neck helps produce a quick and agile response, while key action and placement feel just right. You can create whatever style tone you're after, from vintage to contemporary, and there's no need to sacrifice comfort for sound. These horns literally 'have it all'.
- Artist Approved: Play-tested and approved by Yamaha Artist Jeff Coffin
- Neck: Custom G1 (handmade)
- Neck Material: French Brass
- Body Material: French Brass (annealed)
- Bell: French Brass (annealed), 2 pc.
- Finish: Unlacquered
- Key Material: Yellow Brass
- Key Buttons: Mother-of-pearl
- Tone Holes: Drawn
- Auxiliary Keys: Front F; High F# key
- Spring Type: Blue steel needle
- Pad Type: Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell Decoration: Hand engraved
- Thumb Hook: Adjustable plastic
- Pivot Screw: Bullet tip design with head
- Mounting: Ribbed and flanged