Theo Wanne MANTRA Tenor SaxophoneProduct #H87282 Theo Wanne H87282 KDDC Professional Tenor Saxophones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
New concept, new design.
Theo Wanne's passion for creating great musical products, combined with superior technology, has resulted in an icredibly advanced and innovative saxophone. Theo learned from the very best vintage horns and then applied that knowledge to modern manufacturing technologies. âThe Mantra' saxophone is the next leap in saxophone evolution, integrating 30 different saxophone innovations.
The new and revolutionary Theo Wanne saxophone is called, âThe Mantra'. A mantra is: a sound, or group of sounds, that leads the speaker to freedom, and the feeling of freedom and full self-expression is what the Mantra saxophone and its amazing innovations are designed to produce.
Just like with saxophone mouthpieces, Theo Wanne has owned and studied every type of vintage and new saxophone. He has combined the huge and beautiful sound of the vintage horns (such as his favorite Conn Chu and Selmer Mark VI saxophones) with the intonation and playability of modern horns. Theo has then applied innovative thinking and advanced technology to create a superior saxophone.
The saxophone neck is the most crucial part of a horn's sound and soul. Theo has applied revolutionary new concepts to his patent-pending design that have proven to be a quantum leap forward in neck design. His completely redesigned neck tube has nothing soldered to it except at the octave pip, which must be there anyway. It has no keys, guides, or braces soldered to the tube to dampen the neck's resonance. The octave key rides on cartridge ball bearings, and is completely isolated from the neck tube and brace.
The bell-to-body brace is designed to be far stronger than a traditional brace while allowing for previously unheard of vibrational freedom. The new brace also replaces the traditional "pants guard" in protecting the lower stack keys.
The low C and B/Bb key-guard felts are in-line with the key arms, assuring the key-cups stay in flat and in adjustment during use. The entire interior of the horn and neck has a reticulated finish creating a boundary layer of air. The air-stream is more efficient in the same way a dimpled golf ball travels further than a smooth one.
The list of 30 innovations is far more extensive than any other saxophone made today. Just like with his mouthpieces, Theo has successfully married the beauty of the old with the precision of the new.
- Critical work done in the USA
- Four-Point Fully-Captured Bell-to-Body Brace:
- a) The brace itself acts as the pants-guard, so the pants guard is eliminated meaning fewer soldered parts on the body tube resulting in better resonance on the saxophone body.
- b) All four brace posts are fully captured, making the bell impervious to twisting.
- c) Two posts on the bell stabilize the bell better than the standard single post seen on all other saxophones, yet also results in better bell resonance, due to a much smaller soldered area on the bell!
- d) The bell posts are farther from the bell lip than normal, increasing bell resonance!
- Felt Bumpers In-Line with Low B/Bb Keys: The felt Stops are in-line with the key arms keeping the key cups from twisting when hitting the felt stops as is the case on all other saxophones. This keeps the horn in better adjustment.
- Felt bumpers in-line Low C Key: The felt stop is in-line with the Key arm keeping the key cup from twisting when hitting the felt stop as is the case on all other saxophones. This keeps the horn in better adjustment.
- Matching Low Eb guard: Our Low Eb guard matches the beautiful design of our Low C and Low B/Bb guards.
- Soldered Body to Bow Connecting Ring: Our Body to Bow connecting ring is soldered, not glued like other horns, to increase resonance. It also has our company name "Theo Wanne" written around it.
- Reduced Mass Bow Guard: Our unique bottom bow guard protects the saxophone bell well, yet has a much smaller mass and soldered area increasing resonance.
- Angled Triple neck strap hook: Our innovative neck strap hook not only allows for three unique mounting positions, put also connects at the actual angle the saxophone is hanging.
- Redesigned Neck Tube: The Neck shape, arcs, and taper have been redesigned from the ground up to maximize a lively huge sound!
- Internally Tapered Neck Tenon: The neck tenon is tapered to match the body tube taper, producing a full and rich sound, particularly in the bottom end of the saxophone.
- Resonance Neck Brace: The neck has total vibrational freedom. Nothing is soldered to the neck tube. Revolutionary! The neck brace is strong, and keeps the neck from bending, yet it has zero contact with the neck tube. It connects from the octave pip to the neck tenon. Unlike any other saxophone neck in history, the entire neck tube vibrates completely unrestricted, with nothing at all soldered to it. This patent pending feature is truly innovative to the saxophone.
- Cartridge Ball Bearing Isolated Octave Key: The octave key is mounted via ball bearings to the Neck Brace, the octave key floats, completely isolated from the neck tube allowing the neck to vibrate unrestricted! This patent pending feature is truly innovative to the saxophone.
- Reticulated finish inside and out: The entire interior of the saxophone has our unique reticulated finish creating a micro-turbulence boundary layer of air hugging the tubes inside walls. This boundary layer of air acts like air-ball-bearings such that air flows over the surface with less friction. In the same way, the roughness of a shark's skin creates water micro turbulence allowing it to slip through water with less effort, and the dimples on a golf ball allow for greater driving distance due to reduced drag and friction through the air.
- Wooden Neck Plug with âO' rings: Theo redesigned the neck and body taper, making them significantly larger than any other horn in history, including the vintage Conn's. For this reason the neck plug will only fit Theo Wanne saxophones. It is made from real hardwood, utilizing 'O' rings.
- Kangaroo Skin pads: Roo Pads, from Music Medic, are made from Kangaroo Skin and considered the best pads in the world. Roo Pads are installed with Maestro Star resonators!
- Music Medic Set-Up: Music Medic is the world leader in saxophone repair and set-up. Music Medic sets up our saxophones, here in the USA.
- Non-Protruding Octave Actuator & Scalloped Neck Receiver: The Bodies Octave Key Actuator does not protrude past the body like most saxophones. This keeps the key safe from bending, a problem on other saxophones. An Extender is included so other manufacturer necks may be used if desired too. The Neck Receiver is scalloped to reduce mass and increase resonance.
- Double Key Arms on Low B/Bb and C: Key arms are strengthened while allowing for key-cup adjustments without distorting the tube like with standard double arms which contacting the cup itself.
- Rose Brass Tubing: Expensive high copper content Rose Brass is used for ALL tubes, for a rich, beautiful and resonant sound.
- Available in Honey Lacquer, Vintified, Black Nickel, and Silver finishes:
- Honey Lacquer: The traditional finish for a saxophone, creating a pretty look and sound.
- Vintified: The Vintified finish is a natural patina on the saxophone, so it has no plating or lacquer applied. This allows the horn to vibrate very freely, giving a dark, yet resonant sound.
- Black Nickel: Black Nickel is a hard finish giving a bright sound.
- Silver: Besides being beautiful, silver adds brightness and warmth at the same time.
- Ergonomic Key Touch Placement: The key touches ergonomically placed to create the best feel possible.
- Incredible Hand Engraving of STE on bell and body: Beautiful artisan Goddess engraving of personal importance to Theo.
- Adjustable Stack Height: Each stack key is individually adjustable making customizing key height easy.
- Adjustable Stack Keys: The stack keys are easily adjustable to each other without bending and warping the keys themselves.
- Adjustable Side Keys: The side keys are screw adjustable, also creating a firm feel when using the keys!
- F# Helper Arm: The F# has a helper arm to keep it in adjustment and feeling solid.
For a radical approach to saxophone design, order one today.