Shure ULX2/BETA87C Wireless Handheld Transmitter Microphone
Wireless System Components
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A great system starts with a great microphone
This Shure Wireless Handheld Transmitter Microphone consists of the Shure ULX2 handheld transmitter fitted with the Beta 87C microphone capsule. The ULX2 features a 3-segment battery fuel gauge, backlit LCD shows group and channel, frequency and power settings, control lockout, 8 hour battery life, 300 ft (92 m) operating range. The Beta 87C offers an extremely smooth, tailored response for a warm, natural sound. The cardioid polar pattern compensates for the isolation often associated with the use of personal monitors.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Beta87C Vocal Microphone
- Cardioid, Condenser
- Frequency response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Highly consistent cardioid pattern offers excellent rear rejection
- ULX2 Handheld Transmitter
- 8-9 Hour Battery Life
- Power: On/Off Switch, Battery
- LED-Green When ON, Red When Battery Low
- Three-segment Battery Power Icon
- PEAK Icon-Appears When Audio Signal Overloads
- Group/Channel Displays
- SET Button for Saving Settings
- Adjustable Audio Gain Control
- Input Attenuation Switch-Select 0dB for Voice/Low Output; 20dB for High Output
- 4-pin Mini Connector
- Battery Cover Unscrews to Expose Battery and Gain Control
- 9V Battery Included
Order today and have a wireless vocal sound that makes you love to hear yourself sing.
ULX2/BETA87C Wireless Handheld Transmitter Microphone Specifications:
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output
Transmitter Gain Adjustment Range: 25 dB
Receiver Audio Output Level (±38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
XLR connector (into 600 ohm load): +3.9 dBV (line), ”17 dBV (mic); 1/4 inch connector (into 3000 ohm load): ”2 dBV
Modulation: ±38 kHz deviation compressor-expander system with pre- and de-emphasis.
RF Power Output: 30 mW maximum
Dynamic Range: >100 dB, A-weighted
RF Sensitivity: 1.26V for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
Image Rejection: 80 dB typical
Spurious Rejection: 75 dB typical
Ultimate Quieting (reference ±38 kHz deviation)
>105 dB, A-weighted
System Distortion (reference ±38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): 0.3% total harmonic distortion, typical
Power Requirements: 9V alkaline battery; 8.4 V Nicad optional
Battery Life: 8 to 9 hours (with 9V Duracell MN1604 alkaline battery)
Operating Temperature Range: -20 degrees to 49 degrees C (”4 degrees to
120 degrees F) NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
Overall Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 8.8 x 2 in. (223.5 x 51 mm )
Net Weight: 9.1 oz. (258 g) without battery