Arturia ARP 2600 V 2.0 Virtual Synth SoftwareProduct #485692 Arturia 485692 YUMD Virtual Piano Software https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
One of the most popular synths from the 70s redone virtually for today's DAW composer.
With the Arturia ARP 2600 V 2.0, Arturia brings this powerful analog synthesizer back to life. In addition to the original functions, MIDI control, polyphony, and the ability to create, save, and recall presets are all provided. But that's not all: behind the speakers panels are hidden innovative features that take the initial design of the Arturia ARP 2600 to a new level. Four revolutionary tracking generators add sound design possibilities that have never been seen before. Additional effects are also provided, and, along with the original ARP sequencer, they form an exciting new virtual synthesizer.
If you are at the beginning of your learning curve, you will enjoy the hundreds of presets provided, or even if you are an experienced sound designer, the ARP 2600 V 2.0 virtual synth will allow you to immediately add new dimensions to your music.
Sound MAP: Explore the virtual synth's hundreds of sounds using Arturia revolutionary Sound MAP. Locate areas you like and pick a sound that will stimulate your creativity. Morph sounds on the MAP by clicking anywhere you like. Add filters to make your search easier, or get back to the traditional list of presets, by sound-designer or by type. Be creative, be funky, be a sound-traveler.
A little bit of history
Alan R. Pearlman, whose initials would form the name of ARP Instruments, became interested in instruments for electronic music as early as 1948, when he was a student at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute. This was a means for him to associate his two passions: electronic music and the piano.
In 1969, he created ARP Instruments (originally called Tonus Inc.) with David Friend and Lewis G. Pollock. The company, based in Newton Highlands (Massachusetts, USA), conceived electronic products, but also and above all else a large modular synthesizer, the ARP 2500. The machine used a matrix which connected the different sections of the synthesizer, instead of the traditional cables found in the Moog Modulars. The ARP 2500 synthesizer found success in American universities.
The growth of ARP instruments was fast, and, in 1972, the ARP 2600, probably the most legendary of the entire range, was unveiled. This semi-modular synthesizer, conceived with an educational goal, was to become hugely successful after a shaky start. The ARP 2600 was notably used by Stevie Wonder, Joe Zawinul (Weather Report), Tony Banks (Genesis), Jean-Michel Jarre, Herbie Hancock, and many others. ARP was the market leader in synthesizers during the 70s, with around 40% of the market share.
In ten years, three versions of the ARP 2600 were commercialized: The first version was called "Blue meanie" because of its steely blue finish. The "blue meanie" was quickly replaced by a second version, with a grey background finish and white silk screening (1972). This was to be more popular. In 1978, ARP decided to change the graphic chart for all of its machines: a black background color with orange silk screening was introduced. The ARP2600 benefited from its third and last version.
- New Syncrosoft copy protection
- A revolutionary preset navigation system called SoundMap
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OSX
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably)
- Ability to use NRPN MIDI messages for automation
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset
- Fresh batch of presets made by a selection of top sound designers
- MIDI RPN "pitch bend range" message is now recognized
- Presets adapted to respond to modulation wheel and numerous bug fixes
- Main Features:
- All the parameters of the original ARP 2600
- Original ARP Sequencer model 1601
- New 4 revolutionary tracking generators
- New effects: chorus and delay
- More than 400 presets, made by professionals
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- 96kHz and up to 64 bits floating point
- More than 400 presets, made by professionals
- Playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 3 voltage-controlled oscillators (The second oscillator can modulate either the first two oscillators or the filter)
- Low-pass resonant filter
- 1 LFO which can be synchronized on the tempo of the host sequencer
- 1 Sample and Hold
- Env 1: ADSR; Env 2: AR ; 1 Envelope Follower
- 1 Ring modulator
- A Tracker / interactive LFO exclusive module allowing to create new kinds of modulations in real time
- ARP2500 multimode 12db filter including the very special notch / low-shell filter combination
- Possibility to synchronize Osc2 on Osc1
- Updated voltage processors that you can now use either as inverters, mixers or lag processors
- New keyboard following management
- Polyphony from 2 to 32 voices with Unison possibilities
Bring the classic sound of the legendary ARP2600 synth into your modern masterpieces. Order now!
ARP 2600 V 2.0 Virtual Synth Software Specifications:
- Required Minimum Configuration:
- PC: 512MB RAM; CPU 2GHz (Multiple cores recommended)
- Mac: 512MB RAM; CPU 2GHz (Multiple cores recommended)
- Platform Specifications:
- Windows: XP/VISTA/7
- Mac OS X: 10.4 or higher and Universal Binary
- Win: Standalone, VST, RTAS
- Mac: Standalone, VST, RTAS, AU