AAS Lounge Lizard EP-3 Electric Piano Virtual Instrument SoftwareProduct #702782 AAS 702782 YUMD Virtual Piano Software https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
That elusive electric piano sound is a vivid reality with Lounge Lizard.
The Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) Lounge Lizard EP-3 Electric Piano delivers the authentic tone of the original classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer electric pianos while preserving their action and feel. Using their award-winning physical modeling technology, AAS takes one of the most impressive and unanimously acclaimed software to another level.
What's New in Lounge Lizard EP-3
•Presets: The new modeling library fully exploits the refinements and covers all your electric piano needs
•Effects: The high-end effects section has been extended with tremolo, wah, chorus, phaser, delay, reverb, and EQ
•Pickup model: 2 pickup types are now available for a wider character range: electromagnetic (Rhodes) and electrostatic (Wurlitzer). In addition, scaling has been added for even volume across the entire keyboard
•Fork model: The new and improved Fork model adds upper harmonic content for an even more authentic sound
•Damper model:The improved Damper now closely interacts with the Fork and provides superb dynamic response
•Audio Recorder: The integrated Audio Recorder captures inspired moments on the fly
•Micro-Tuning: Custom tunings are now possible with the added support for Scala files
Presets and Effects
Lounge Lizard comes with an extensive preset library that is simply inspiring, giving you access to the Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds popularized by musical legends like Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, and George Duke. There is a choice of pure and true tones as well as a selection of processed ones courtesy of the high-end effects section.
The effects section includes the classic tremolo, chorus, wah, and phaser effects as well as EQ, delay, and reverb. These effects are specially designed for the electric piano, making it very easy to create your own distinctive custom tones.
EP Character and Beyond
The original Rhodes pianos provided timbre and volume adjustments by letting you position the tines in relation to the pickups. These adjustments were at the heart of the electric piano's character as they controlled the harmonic content, attack, and decay of the sound, offering unique tone to each player. But there was a price for this flexibility. Several painstaking hours with a screwdriver and incredible patience was needed to change the sound of an electric piano.
Suffer no more! With Lounge Lizard, the preset library provides a selection of thoroughly chosen Tine/Pickup configurations. You also have the ability to make those adjustments in real time via 2 simple controls: distance and symmetry.
It doesn't end there. Because controls are provided for the various electromechanical components, Lounge Lizard can be pushed far beyond hardware equivalents, opening up a completely new realm of sonic possibilities!
What's more, since the interaction between the tine and pickup is quite unique, its effect can't be obtained with the filtering provided by samplers. This limits sampled solutions to one or 2 fixed configurations and brings physical modeling to the forefront of the electric piano recreation.
Modeling an Electric Piano: How it works
The electric piano was invented by Harold Rhodes (1910-2000) during the forties when he was in the army. The first instruments he built were made of aircraft pieces and were intended to entertain army servicemen. It became a very popular instrument in jazz and rock, and has enjoyed a resurgence in recent years through its extensive use by the world's top hip-hop, R&B, and house producers.
The mechanism of the electric piano is, in fact, quite simple. A note played on the keyboard activates a hammer that hits a fork. The sound of that fork is then amplified by a magnetic coil pickup and sent to the output, very much like an electric guitar.
- All the classic electric piano sounds: Rhodes, Wurlitzer, RMI, Hohner
- Entirely based on physical modeling for outstanding sound quality
- Top-quality preset library--vintage to modern
- Integrated browser and locate function for easy navigation and organization of presets
- Fast preset loading time
- Hands-free operation via custom MIDI programs
- Every parameter can be controlled via MIDI or host automation
- Intuitive and ergonomic user interface for preset creation
- Fast installation
- Real-time calculation of sound, no samples
- 32-bit floating point internal processing
- Audio bit-depth and sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Import/export functions for easy sharing of presets
- Unlimited undo/redo capability
- Standalone operation; no host application required, and standard plug-in format support
- Full audio and MIDI hardware support
- Simultaneous operation of multiple MIDI ports
- User-defined MIDI maps with MIDI learn function
- MIDI clock, tap and host tempo synchronization
- Dynamic voice allocation and CPU overhead protection
- Modeling Collection includes Strum
Order today for fantastic electric piano sounds!
Lounge Lizard EP-3 Electric Piano Virtual Instrument Software Specifications:
- System Requirements:
- Windows: 98, ME, 2000, XP - Pentium III 800MHz - 128MB RAM - ASIO, DirectSound - VST, DXi
- Mac: OS X 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 - G4 733MHz - 256MB RAM - CoreAudio - VST, AU, RTAS