- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A powerhouse metal distortion plug-in.
Based on IK’s award-winning AmpliTube 2 software, AmpliTube Metal is the first guitar amp and fx modeling software entirely dedicated to heavy metal gear, with an arsenal of 48 highly acclaimed models of modern and vintage amps, cabinets, stompboxes and rack effects.
AmpliTube Metal offers an ultra-realistic software recreation of 14 stomp boxes, 5 amp models, 13 cabinets, 6 mics, and 9 rack FX for a complete high-gain arsenal of sounds from the late '70s through today. With extremely rare and collectible models of metal stomp boxes, amp heads and cabinets, from the legendary, hard-to-find Japanese originals to classic British and American essentials, including models based on the ProCo RAT, Electro-Harmonix® Big Muff Pi, Digitech® Whammy™, several vintage BOSS® effects, Randall® Warhead, Peavey® 5150™, Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier®, and other great emulations based on metal gear.
AmpliTube Metal is based on IK’s award-winning DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology. The product of over 10 years of research and development, DSM™ delivers unmatched realism and tone in recreating classic analog gear like guitar amps and stompboxes.
AmpliTube Metal is perfect for gain-heads of all styles, from early heavy metal and hard rock to today’s nu metal, thrash and speed metal.
* 5 separate modules: tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, Cabinet + Mic, and Rack Effects
* 14 rare Stomp effects with highly acclaimed distortion models
* 5 classic high-gain Amps
* 13 cabinet and 6 microphone models
* 9 post-amp FX Racks
* 2 fully configurable rigs with up to 32 simultaneous effects
* Digital tuner
* Stand-alone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
* Includes SpeedTrainer™ for playing along with your favorite recordings
* Includes AmpliTube X-GEAR for seamless integration with all the other “Powered by AmpliTube” products, MIDI control and StompIO integration
* Powered by AmpliTube® with exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology for award-winning sound & realistic feel
* Mac OS X (including Leopard) and XP/Vista compatible
X-GEAR and StompIO seamless integration
AmpliTube Metal also includes AmpliTube X-GEAR™ so it can be integrated with all current and future “Powered by AmpliTube” products within a single interface. X-GEAR provides full mixing and matching of over 150 award-winning gear models, and adds full MIDI and StompIO control for live usage.
When used with AmpliTube X-GEAR, all the models from AmpliTube Metal can be read together with AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Fender™, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and Ampeg® SVX, to build the ultimate mega-rig of award-winning gear models and truly custom guitar and bass tones.
By utilizing AmpliTube X-GEAR’s, AmpliTube Metal can instantly be controlled live via the StompIO for the ultimate metal stage rig, with no special set-up. StompIO turns your computer into the most advanced, high-end floor multi-FX system, with 10 floor-board switches, 6 knobs, 2 large displays and up to 6 external switches/expression pedals, and no need to connect a monitor, mouse or keyboard.
- 8 amp head models
- 13 cabinet models
- 6 microphone models
- 14 stomp effect models
- 9 rack effects models
- High-precision tuner
- 2 guitar rig chains
- Metal presets immediately recall the entire rig used
- Includes AmpliTube X-Gear plug-in and standalone
Test your metal with IK's AmpliTube Metal Studio. Order Today!
AmpliTube Metal Studio Specifications:
- System Requirements:
- Mac (32 and 64 bit):
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.
- Note: PPC CPU is no longer supported.
- Windows (32 and 64 bit):
- Minimal: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS.
- AmpliTube Metal works as a standalone application as well as a plug-in in Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X (Universal Binary)
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS (Mac OS X) – VST, RTAS (Windows XP – Vista)
- Ultra accurate analog modeling with DSM technology, “Powered by AmpliTube”
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- High-precision Tuner
- 14 analog modeled stomps: BigPig, Delay, Distortion, Distortion Feed, Flanger, GR-EQ, Wharmonator, Metal Distortion, Metal Distortion 2, Metal Flanger, Overdrive, Phaze Nine, PROdrive, WahWah, plus great routing flexibility
- 5 Amp models: Metal Clean T, Metal Lead T, Metal Lead W, Metal Lead V and Vintage Metal Lead
- 13 Speaker emulations: 4x12” Metal F 1, 4x12” Metal F 2, 4x12” Metal T 1, 4x12” Metal T 2, 4x12” Metal T 3, 4x12” Metal V 1, 4x12” Metal V 2, 4x12” Metal V 3, 4x12” Modern M 1, 4x12” Modern M 2, 4x12” Modern M 3, 4x12” Vintage M 1, and 4x12” Vintage M 2
- 66 Amp + Cabinet combinations (including no speaker)
- 6 Microphone models: Condenser 87, Condenser 414, Vintage Dynamic 20, Dynamic 57, Dynamic 421, and Dynamic 441
- 9 Rack Effects: Digital Chorus, Digital Delay, Digital Flanger, Digital Reverb, Graphic EQ, Harmonator, Parametric EQ, Pitch Shifter, and Tube Compressor
- 25 Effects: including the 14 modeled stomps, the 9 Rack Effects plus a Gate and Spring Reverb
- Host sequencer BPM synchronization
- SpeedTrainer: imports any WAV, AIFF, MP3, and WMA audio file (Standalone version)
- Assignable DAW automation
- Metronome (Standalone version)