- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Heavy metal modeling software featuring high-gain amps, cabinets, hard-to-find stompbox effects, and more.
IK Multimedia AmpliTube Metal is amp and stompbox modeling software dedicated entirely to heavy metal gear. To get their sound, some the best metal producers have upwards of $30,000 worth of amps, cabs, and effects alone. And when you factor in mics, preamps, and other studio tools, having similar tonal options would be out of the question for the rest of us—but not any more. IK's AmpliTube Metal can outfit your virtual studio with a "shock and awesome" arsenal of 48 highly acclaimed models of modern and vintage amplifiers, cabinets, stompboxes, and rack effects. Based on IK's award-winning AmpliTube 2 software, AmpliTube Metal offers an iconic collection of gear models that recreate 4 decades worth of amazing metal tone.
AmpliTube Metal is a complete collection of ultra-realistic models of classic metal gear, from legendary, hard-to-find Japanese originals to classic British and American essentials. It includes 14 stomp boxes, 5 amp models, 13 cabinets, 6 mics, 9 rack FX, and a tuner for 48 never-before- heard models. It adds exciting new high-gain sounds, including models based on the ProCO Rat, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, Digitech Whammy, many vintage BOSS effects, the Randall Warhead, Peavey 5150, Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier, and other great metal gear.
Spanning from the late 70s through the 90s, AmpliTube Metal is the ultimate toolbox for gain-heads of all styles. And if that's not enough tonal options, the included AmpliTube X-GEAR lets blend all the models from Metal with AmpliTube 2, Ampeg SVX, and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix—with full mixing and matching capabilities for the ultimate mega-rig of award-winning gear models. They can also be controlled via StompIO for unparalleled real-time control on-stage or in the studio.
Here's a sampling of the models and the famous pedals and amps they're based on:
Big Pig (based on Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi)
ProDrive (based on ProCo Rat)
Metal Distortion 2 (based on Boss MT-2)
Distortion (based on BOSS® HM-2)
Distortion Feed (based on BOSS DF-2)
Wahrmonator (based on DigiTech Whammy)
Overdrive (based on BOSS SD-1)
Metal Distortion (based on BOSS DS-1)
Metal Flanger (based on MXR Flanger 117)
Flanger (based on BOSS BF-2)
Wah-Wah (based on Vox 847 wah)
Vintage Metal Lead V (based on Peavey 5150 head)
Vintage Metal Lead (Marshall JMP100 head)
Metal Lead W (based on Randall Warhead 300)
Metal Lead T (based on Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier Red Channel)
Metal Clean T (based on Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier Green Channel)
- 5 separate modules: tuner, configurable Stomp pedalboard, amp head, cabinet + mic, and rack effects
- 14 rare Stomp effects with highly acclaimed distortion models
- 5 classic high-gain Amps
- 9 cabinet and 6 microphone models
- 9 post-amp FX Racks
- 2 fully configurable rigs with up to 32 simultaneous effects
- Digital tuner
- Standalone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
- Includes SpeedTrainer for playing along with or your favorite recordings
- Includes AmpliTube X-GEAR for seamless integration with all the other "Powered by AmpliTube" products and MIDI control
- Powered by AmpliTube with exclusive DSM (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology for award-winning sound & realistic feel
For those who like to meddle in metal, this modeling software is right down your alley.
AmpliTube Metal Amp and Stompbox Modeling Software Specifications:
- Minimum system requirements
- 866MHz G4 processor
- 512MB of RAM
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Intel-based Mac: 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo processor
- 512MB of RAM
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Pentium 1GHz / Athlon XP 1.33 GHz
- 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP/Vista or later