Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0
Virtual Drums & Percussion Software
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A professional sample engine for drums.
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0 "The New York Studio Legacy Series" is a complete overhaul of the original dfh Superior engine. The Toontrack team made painstakingly sure not to lose any of the sound quality, attention to detail, and musicality of their popular drum sampler.
Superior Drummer 2.0 has been redeveloped for optimized use with e-drums with more effective use of sample layers and much improved loading times. It includes custom MIDI played by Nir Z accessed through its new customized MIDI engine and arranger, EZplayer Pro, and has standalone capacity through Toontrack solo. Premium UK-based software developer Sonalksis has outfitted the Superior 2.0 with a 5-band EQ, high and low pass filter, compressor, gate, and transient designer filters.
The interface is reminiscent of EZdrummer with its simple handling and layout but gives the user layer upon layer of in-depth features to create the ultimate drum track.
Superior Drummer 2.0's samples were recorded by Pat Thrall, Neil Dorfsman, and Nir Z at Hit Factory, Avatar Studios, and Allaire studios, NY. The three have worked with artists as diverse as Meatloaf, Celine Dion, Nick Lachey, Sting, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, Beyoncé, Björk, Kiss, Joss Stone, Genesis, John Mayer, and Chris Cornell.
- PC/Mac compatible
- Construction windows with features such as:
- X-pads - Load instruments from any Toontrack library to add positions or to double instruments on the position of your choice
- The ability to read and combine all dfh Superior and EZdrummer sound libraries
- Internal mixer featuring bussing capabilities and built-in FX delivered by Sonalksis, including:
- 5-band EQ, Highpass and Lowpass filter, Gate, Compressor, Transient
- Custom MIDI played by Nir Z accessed through EZplayer
- Standalone capacity through Toontrack solo
- Recorded by Pat Thrall, Neil Dorfsman, and Nir Z at Hit Factory, Avatar Studios, and Allaire Studios, NY
Superior Drummer 2.0 Specifications:
- Minimum system requirements
- 4GB free hard disc space, DVD drive
- Windows XP or Vista, Pentium IV/Ahtlon 1.8GHz with 1GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher, Dual G4 1.25GHz with 1GB RAM
- Recommended system requirements
- 25GB free hard disc space, DVD drive
- Modem G5, Intel, or AMD multicore CPU with 2GB RAM or more
- Sequencer application and professional soundcard
- MIDI controller such as keyboard, drumpads, or electronic drum kit
- Supported formats
- Audio Units, VST, RTAS
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0:
I love this program. My only complaint would be that I bought it in hopes of getting the original sounds from DFH Superior when EastWest owned it, not Toon Track. It still sounds great though, and helps me write a lot of parts when I can't necessarily just play drums in the middle of the night. As long as you don't program super fast fills, most people won't even notice that the drums are programmed.