Fxpansion BFD2 Acoustic Drums ModuleProduct #702875 Fxpansion 702875 YUMB Virtual Drums & Percussion Software https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
Outrageously powerful virtual drum production.
Fxpansion BFD2 Acoustic Drum Module is not just a rehash of the same ol', same ol' with a little added flavor. The FXpansion team really took a from-the-ground-up rebuild approach, taking the best features of the previous module and offering it to you with a brand new, simplified GUI and a heaping help of new features.
Using two pairs of room mics, including a mid/side set, the engineers captured the special essence of the legendary AIR Lyndhurst Studios in London. The drumkits were miked with stereo overheads and mono close directs. Every sonic nuance was routed through a custom Neve desk with Air Montserrat preamps and into PrismSound A/D converters, giving you a 55GB library full of hyper-realistic sounds with multiple articulations recorded at up to 96 velocity layers. There's plenty of high-quality instruments and sounds to choose from to create your perfect 10-,18-, or 32-piece kit, from Zildjian and Sabian cymbals to Ludwig and Gretsch kicks and toms, Pearl and DW snares to an Oberheim DX Drum Machine and human group claps.
The ingenious BFD2 interface gives you absolute freedom over tuning, damping, ambience levels, velocity response, and more. You can layer parts of your kit for modern-sounding hybrid productions or easily choose preset kit-piece profiles of dry, damped and other useful settings. More than just pushing buttons on a sampler, BFD2 gives you the flexibility to configure your drum kit like a real drummer. Do you have stereo sample-sets with multiple velocity layers that you'd like to mix? Or previous BFD and 3rd party expansion packs you'd like to keep in your DAW's bag of tricks? Not a problem. BFD2 makes it easy to integrate and import while still letting you utilize its new sound-shaping features.
The accommodating mixing console makes it possible to play realistic cymbal flourishes, powerful kicks and snare lines, convoluted hi-hat parts, ghost notes. If you can think it up, you can blend, route, submix, and process the mic channels as you would in a real-world recording studio with a professional drummer and BFD2 will bring your ideas to life. You can also manipulate bleed levels, change the ambient mic width, and shape your drums into infinite variations through aux sends and patch sidechain effects. The built-in processors have circuit-modelled dynamics, filters, and distortion for creating your punchier sounds, while the effects like Flanger, Bitcrusher, Ring Mod, and Delay showcase the more subtle timbral varieties of this great software.
With 32 outputs, there's plenty of room for bringing in external reverbs and plug-ins you love, but there's also an ample amount of presets created by professional studio veterans to browse through that cover diverse genres. The Groove engine simplifies editing patterns, setting up performance modes, and applying humanization effects to "keep it real" soundwise. More than 5,000 stylistically diverse patterns are ready to add into your productions or you can have even more fun slicing, dicing, and mixing certain elements to make new, customized parts. With BFD2, it's possible to form a full drum track entirely out of a sequence of Grooves.
Some of the new features that previous owners of BFD will find the most beneficial are the powerful, efficient functional enhancements in the Groove engine, like the advanced editor, synced audition previews, and the individual start and end actions for each Groove. There's also improved sorting, searching, and management in the Groove library. Other improvements include a more intuitive keymapping editor, smoother electronic drum setup, universal management of kits and presets, the souped-up internal engine, completely reinvented interface, and new ways of exporting multichannel audio directly from your module.
So whether you want to make breakbeats or backbeats, BFD2 is the answer when rhythm is a dancer.
- Recorded with premium mics and a warm, refined signal path in a room with stunning clarity and definition of ambience
- Mid/Side room mic set for anything from true mono to incredible sounding expanded stereo room sounds
- Thunderous, punchy kicks featuring inside and outside mics
- Snare mic mixing has two top mics and a bottom mic
- Detailed hi-hats featuring 11 articulations, snares include hits at the center and halfway towards the edge
- Lush, complex cymbals with bell and edge hits
- 55GB of multi-channel, 24-bit 44.1 kHz audio
- Totally redesigned intuitive interface
- Quick-and-easy configuration
- Improved kit and preset management
- Reworked engine resulting in better performance and startup speed
- User import of stereo multi-velocity layer samples
- Built-in studio-grade mixing, routing, EQ, dynamics, and effects processing
- Diverse range of mix and kit presets tweaked for you by experienced engineers
- Route audio from 8 stereo and 16 mono outputs into VST, RTAS, and AU hosts
- Advanced Groove authoring, editing, and performance environment for realistic drum parts
- Over 5,000 Grooves: a huge library of instant drum patterns covering many styles
- Synced Groove previews
- Comprehensive keymapping and automation support
- Easy setup for electronic drum trigger systems, including support for snare positional sensing
- Built-in multi-channel audio export
Pick up the latest version of BFD and expand your rhythm selection today.
BFD2 Acoustic Drums Module Specifications:
- System Requirements
- PC: Windows XP SP1 or higher, Vista 32, P4 or better
- Mac: OSX 10.4, G5 or Intel
- Both: 1 GB of RAM, 60 gig HD, 7200 RPM DVD drive, internet connection for product authorization
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fxpansion BFD2 Acoustic Drums Module:
I was really impressed by the wide range of drum sounds available (it comes with over 55 GB on DVDs). I originally used BFD Lite, which came with my copy of Pro Tools, and was impressed but disappointed by the lack of depth. They obviously due this so you'll buy the real product, and I'm really glad I did. If you're looking for a studio quality drum sound this is the product for you.