Alfred Suzuki Violin School Volume 5 Revised (Book/CD)
Violin Method Books
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The next generation of Suzuki Violin method in a convenient package.
The Alfred Suzuki Violin School Volume 5 Revised includes both the book and and instructional CD.
Like the other revised violin books in the Suzuki series, the music has been edited by the International Violin Committee. The Suzuki violin instruction book offers new engravings in a more easily readable 12" x 9" format. There are no changes to the repertoire in Book 5, but there are some changes in fingerings and bowings to reflect more current performance practice and music pedagogy. There are some additional technical exercises including 3-octave G Major and G Minor scales and arpeggios.
The revised CD complementing the book includes new recordings by William Preucil, Concertmaster of the Cleveland Orchestra. The piano accompaniment is performed by Linda Perry on acoustic piano. These performances were recorded without reference to a metronome and have a human feel to them.
The Suzuki Method of Talent Education is based on Dr. Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that man is the son of his environment. According to Dr. Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he or she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the mother-tongue approach.
- Book revision features:
- Edited by the International Violin Committee
- New engravings in a more easily readable 12" x 9" format
- New editing of pieces, including changes in fingerings and bowings to reflect more current performance practice and pedagogy
- Additional technical exercises including three-octave G Major and G Minor scales, and arpeggios
- CD revision features:
- CD recorded by William Preucil, Concertmaster of the Cleveland Orchestra