Zoom Q2HD Handy Video/Audio RecorderProduct #H85971 Zoom H85971 YBR Video Equipment https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
Play, capture, and stream with full HD video, and uncompressed audio recording.
Zoom has blended together the mid-side stereo recording technology and sound-quality of the H2n Handy recorder, with brilliant 1920 x 1080 full high-definition video recording, to bring you the Q2HD Handy Video Recorder. This smart sized handheld recorder will capture high-quality video and audio with one simple touch, and give you the flexibility to easily upload videos or stream it live! Optimal video and audio recording is possible in any location, whether in a large hall or a small club. Stay focused during practice sessions, music lessons, dance lessons, and recitals, by knowing that you will have high-quality video on demand at anytime for future reference.
Live Stream in Real-Time
Want to live stream high quality audio and video from your gigs, special events and more? With the Q2HD, now you can stream your videos through your computer directly to the web. Simply connect your Q2HD to your computer via USB cable and start streaming like the pros. The Q2HD’s streaming function is compatible with Ustream Producer, Flash Media Live Encoder, Skype and other popular streaming applications. And it works wonders with premium programs such as Ustream Producer Pro or Studio. It’s never been easier to broadcast your movies on the web in real-time.
Mid-Side Brings the Audio
The Q2HD is the first handheld camcorder to offer Mid-Side stereo recording. Mid-Side recording, originally offered by Zoom on the H2n Handy Recorder, is a technique that’s been used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambiance is crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a unidirectional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bidirectional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right. By increasing or decreasing the level of the Side mic, you can control the width of the stereo field, which gives you incredible flexibility over your recordings. With its condenser microphones in 30° to 150° Mid-Side stereo configuration, the Q2HD gives you natural depth and accurate imaging. From live musical performances, rehearsals and recitals to journalism, sports and travel, the Q2HD’s pristine audio is so realistic your movies will let you relive the moment over and over again.
1920 x 1080 Full High-Definition Video
Your HD Videos are recorded in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format, which can be played on a computer using QuickTime player. The Q2HD can record video in full HD at 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, allowing you to enjoy your finely detailed audio and video on your large HDTV. You can also select 720p HD for longer recordings, as well as SD formats when smaller file sizes are needed.
Lighting Selection Function
The Q2HD has a lighting selection function that allows you to record using the best setting for any given lighting condition. The modes that can be used include “Auto,” which automatically adjusts brightness and color, “Concert Lighting,” which suppresses oversaturation from strong lighting and “Night,” which is ideal for filming in dark situations
4 x Digital Zoom
The 4x digital zoom allows you to shoot both distant landscapes and close-ups of people. You can capture your main subject even when it’s far away.
Edit Video Easily Right on Scene
Divide or trim your movies internally with the Q2HD, as the unit allows you to cut footage and better feature the important scenes without a computer. By erasing unnecessary data from the SD card, you will increase your remaining recording time.
Enjoy HD Video on Your HDTV
The Q2HD has a mini HDMI connector that allows the digital output of your videos. Connect the Q2HD to an HDTV by using an HDMI cable (sold separately) and enjoy your movies with your family and friends. And the Q2HD’s audio will sound incredible on your home theater’s audio system.
24-bit / 96kHz Linear PCM Sound
The rich stereo sound captured by the Mid-Side mics can be recorded to linear PCM WAV files. When taking full high-definition 1080p video, high-quality sound with resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz can also be recorded.
Analog Mic Gain for Precision Volume Control
sing the analog-type MIC GAIN wheel allows you to dial-in the perfect amount of gain for any recording application. Or choose one of three presets (Concert / Solo / Meeting) of the Auto Gain function to automatically set the recording level for any given situation. It’s even easier to get great sound no matter what you're shooting.
Low-Cut Filter Functions
The unit’s low-cut filter reduces unwanted background noise by cutting the low-frequency range. Attach a windscreen (sold separately), to reduce wind noise so you can get clear audio even when filming outside.
It’s Also an Audio Recorder
The Q2HD can also be used as an audio recorder to record just sound. In addition to being able to record 24-bit/96 kHz PCM files that far exceed CD-quality, the unit can also record AAC (m4a format) files that have smaller sizes. The Q2HD also features an internal reference speaker so you can check recordings without earphones.
The First USB Mid-Side Mic
Expanding its versatility, the Q2HD also functions as a USB microphone with Mid-Side miking capabilities. Simply choose USB Mic in the units MENU and connect your Q2HD to a computer or iPad 2 or 3 (using Apple’s USB camera connector) to begin recording.
Functional Design and Easy Navigation
Zoom made on-the-go viewing better than ever with the Q2HD. You can easily switch between “Portrait” and “Landscape” playback by pressing and holding the PLAY key. Watch your videos anywhere with its color LCD screen and built-in reference speaker.
The Q2HD features an icon-based user interface that makes navigating through all its functions easy and intuitive. Play, edit or delete movies, select video and audio formats and a host of other functions with ease.
Built-In Reference Speaker
The Q2HD even has a built-in reference speaker to let you check recordings without earphones. It is also handy to preview playback when selecting recorded files.
Runs on Readily-Available AA Batteries
The Q2HD is powered by two standard AA batteries, resulting in about 2 hours of continuous recording. The unit is also compatible with NiMH batteries, which can be recharged using a commercially available charger.
Includes HandyShare Editing Software
The Q2HD’s bundled HandyShare editing and uploading software lets you to manage and edit your videos easily as well as upload them to social networking sites. From live musical performances, rehearsals and recitals to journalism, education and sports, you can easily share your movies with everyone on your favorite websites like YouTube or Vimeo. Moreover, effect functions in the software allow you to bring the sound of video recordings up to the level of a finished product. Normalize a recording for a consistent volume level, add reverb to give rich reflections to the sounds of instruments and voices and use a mastering effect to enhance the impact of a performance with compression. Just select a preset. It’s easy enough for anyone to use.
- 1920 x 1080 Full high-definition video recording
- 24-bit / 96kHz Linear PCM sound quality
- Stream videos through your computer directly to the web
- Mid-Side audio recording technique used for many years in film and broadcast
- Lighting selection function allows the best setting for any given lighting condition
- 4 x Digital zoom will capture your main subject from near or far
- Easily edit, trim, and divide video right on the scene
- Enjoy your HD videos on your HDTV
- Analog Mic Gain for precision volume control
- Low-cut filter reduces unwanted background noise
- Can be used solely as an audio recorder
- Functions as a USB microphone with Mid-Side miking capabilities
- Easily switch between “Portrait” and “Landscape” playback
- Icon-based user interface makes navigating functions easy and intuitive
- Built-in reference speaker
- Runs on readily-available AA batteries
- Includes HandyShare editing and uploading software
- Compatible with high capacity 64GB SDXC cards
Make life more creative, order the Q2HD today.
Q2HD Handy Video/Audio Recorder Specifications:
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 64GB)
- Imaging Device: 1/3.2-inch 5M pixels CMOS sensor
- Optics Lens: Fixed Focus (1.23m to infinity), F3.2
- Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 （MOV）
- Video Resolution: HD1080p 30fps、HD720p 60fps、HD720p 30fps、WVGA 60fps、WVGA 30fps
- Audio Format: PCM (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) AAC (Bit Rate: 64 to 320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 48kHz)
- Sound Functions: Lo-cut filter, Auto Gain (Concert / Solo / Meeting)
- Video Functions: 4x digital zoom, Scene select (Auto / Concert Lighting / Night)
- Editing Functions: Divide, Trim
- Display: 2.0-inch full color LCD (320 x 240 pixels)
- Built-in Mic: Mid-Side stereo (MONO / 30°/60°/90°/120°/150°) \ Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 120dB SPL \ Input Gain： +1 to +39dB
- Built-in Speaker: Monaural, 400mW 8 ohms
- Outputs: PHONES / LINE OUT (1/8" Stereo phone jack)
- USB: miniB （USB2.0 High Speed）, USB-VIDEO, USB-AUDIO
- Power Requirements: 2 x AA batteries (LR6 or Ni-MH)
- AC adapter: AD-17 (DC5V/1A/center positive)
- Battery Life: 2 hours (Movie mode), 4 hours (Audio mode)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 2” x 1.38 x 5”
- Weight: 0.18lb. (without batteries)
- Accessories: SD memory card (2GB), 2 x AA/LR6 batteries (for testing the unit)
- System requirements for HandyShare software:
- Windows XP 32bit （SP2 or later）
- Windows Vista 32bit / 64bit (SP1 or later)
- Windows 7 32bit / 64bit
- Intel Pentium4 1.4GHz / AMD Athlon 64 or faster
- 512MB RAM (1GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later / 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7
- Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz or faster (Intel Mac only)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Low Distortion
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
Comments about Zoom Q2HD Handy Video/Audio Recorder:
I am using this recorder to create video clips for our band's web site and to help us critique our performances to target areas to work on when we practice.