PreSonus Studio One Artist Version 1 to Producer 2.0 Upgrade
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A creative environment built for intuitive use, speed, and efficiency.
Studio One Artist Version 1 to Producer 2 Upgrade
If you have Studio One Artist, and you would like to use third-party plug-ins and work with MP3 files, simply upgrade to Studio One Producer! When you purchase this product, you will receive an email with your Upgrade Product Key immediately, allowing you to instantly unlock all of the amazing features Studio One Producer has to offer. In addition, you will be able to download all of the Producer bundled content from your user account. If you purchase the physical package, as well, you will receive the Studio One retail box, complete with all four DVDs of instruments, loops, and other bonus content; a printed Quick Start Guide; a Key Command Reference Card; and a Studio One sticker sheet. Remember, you must have Studio One Artist Version 1 installed and activated to use the Producer 2 Upgrade Product Key!
Studio One is an integrated approach to recording music, from tracking to mixing to mastering and distribution. It's a creative environment built for intuitive use, speed, and efficiency-and yet it's robust enough for the most complex productions.
Studio One employs a state-of-the-art audio engine that delivers incredibly clear, accurate sound. Studio One Professional features a 64-bit floating-point version of this audio engine that automatically switches between 64- and 32-bit operation on the fly to accommodate 32-bit plug-ins. This means you always get the highest possible sound quality and blazing speed. Studio One Artist and Studio One Producer feature the same audio engine but it always operates in 32-bit mode.
Studio One 2.0 Producer
Studio One Producer has all of the robust features of Studio One Artist, and more. This producers version of Studio One add the support of ReWire and AU/VST plug-ins which will add a huge enhancement options by allowing you to integrate your favorite VST and ReWire instruments to your productions. This version also ads the ability to import and export MP3 files, which will save you time converting tracks after bouncing them. This is the next step up in the Studio One software line, and it's a step in the right direction.
Here are a few highlights from the hundreds of new features and enhancements in Studio One 2.0.
Integrated Melodyne Pitch Correction (trial)
Celemony's Melodyne is the most sought-after pitch-correction solution in the market, and it has been the model for proprietary solutions in several DAWs. Studio One 2 seamlessly integrates Melodyne so tightly that, for practical purposes, Melodyne is simply a part of Studio One.
Using Melodyne in other DAWs can be very slow due to the long-winded transfer from the track to Melodyne and the fact that Melodyne knows nothing about edits in the arrangement after this transfer.
In contrast, Studio One 2 seamlessly integrates Melodyne so tightly that, for practical purposes, Melodyne is simply a part of Studio One. With one click, your audio opens in the Editor with the familiar Melodyne interface and capabilities. Hear your Melodyne edits in context with the rest of the arrangement, and when finished editing, easily render the audio in placeâno track transfer or manual rendering! Furthermore, edits made in the arrangement are seamlessly synced in Melodyne. Want to go back to where you were in Melodyne? No problem: It takes one click. No other DAW can do this.
Studio One Professional includes a fully licensed copy of Melodyne Essential. Studio One Artist and Producer come with the Melodyne trial version. However, if you already own a copy of Melodyne Essential, Assistant, or Editor version 1.3 (a free upgrade from Celemony) or later, you can use it with Studio One Artist, Producer, or Professional and it will integrate perfectly, with all of the capability of your Melodyne version intact (including the Direct Note Access technology in Melodyne Editor).
Transient Detection, Editing, and Groove Extraction
Sure, you can do transient detection and editing in other DAWsâbut it's slow, and you often have to make a lot of decisions along the way. In Studio One, you can quantize multitrack drums in two steps: group the tracks, then quantize.
Studio One does the analysis and phase-coherent quantization for youâwith great-sounding results! Want to quantize audio to other existing audio? Drag-and-drop audio into the Groove panel, then quantize. Groove extraction is as simple as drag-and-drop; extract a groove from any audio and apply it to any other audio in seconds!
Multitrack Coping Done Right
Single and multitrack comping are quick and easy in Studio Oneâand faster than with most DAWs! No tool-switching is needed, and crossfading between takes is automated, although you can edit the fades. Auditioning takes is as simple as holding Alt and clicking on a takeâno more manually soloing entire lanes, as in other DAWs.
Keeping everything organized can be critical to an efficient workflow, which is a breeze with the new Folder Tracks and Track List. Collapse all of your drum tracks to a single drum-track folder, and then expand it when you need to see the individual drum tracks. Group and bus your Folder Tracks with the click of a buttonâan exclusive Studio One feature. This can save a lot of time when working with large track counts, and it helps keep your work environment nice and clean, supporting a quick workflow.
The Track List provides a well-organized overview of all existing Tracks in the arrangement, including Folder Track hierarchy, automation envelopes, and layers. Configurations of shown and hidden Tracks can be stored as Presets, making it possible to quickly focus on any desired Tracks in an instant. Additionally, the Track List can be synced to the Mix Banks panel so that any Tracks hidden or shown in the Track List have their related Audio Channels hidden or shown in the Mix Console, and vice versa.
Find It Quickly!
Studio One's Browser offers quick access to instruments, effects, sounds, files, and more. In version 2, you can search within any location in the Browser, making it even faster and easier to find the resources you want.
Typing text into the search field will immediately begin the search, and only results matching the search text will be displayed. Then the found content can be used directly. Choose Show in Context or Show in Explorer/Finder to quickly access other content that's stored in the same location. Now it's easier than ever to find what you want and drag-and-drop it where you want it quickly, while your creativity is still flowing.
Edit Multiple Instrument Tracks Simultaneously
Studio One's editing features for musical-performance data have significantly increased in version 2. Now you can view and edit more than one instrument track at a time in the Music Editor, select multiple parts on different color-coded Tracks in the Arrangement and edit them together.
A Great Plug-in Collection Just Got Better
Studio One's Native Effects plug-ins have drawn rave reviews from the media. But PreSonus is never satisfied. PreSonus's popular Ampire guitar-amp modeler is now Ampire XT and features new amp models, a new convolution-based cabinet-modeling section with some of the most revered cabinets ever, and a full-featured effects section.
Track Transform and Event-Based Effects
Studio One now features an innovative Track Transform feature, as well as event-based effects. Audio and instrument tracks feature the new Transform feature, which you can think of as a very flexible alternative to "freezing." An entire audio track can be rendered in place with one click, removing any inserted effects plug-ins and conserving CPU power while still allowing normal editing. One click restores the original audio events and any inserted effects.
One click can also transform an instrument track into an audio track, and the audio can then be edited normally. (Notes are displayed as a clear indication that the audio has been transformed from an instrument.) This conserves a lot of CPU power with today's advanced virtual instruments, and it opens many creative possibilities that were too bothersome to attempt before now. And, as you might guess, one click brings the instrument track right back.
Furthermore, every audio event in the arrangement has its own insert device rack, where any number of effects can be inserted, just like the insert device rack found on all mixer channels. When the desired sound is achieved, these effects can be rendered with a single click, removing the effects plug-in and conserving CPU power. And of course, one click can restore the effects for further editing at any time.
PreSonus Exchange is a community hub for sharing user-created content. All registered Studio One users have access and can upload to and download from the Exchange. Instrument and effects presets, FX Chains, Soundsets, and much more are easily shared, with user ratings and comments showing the way to the best content the community has to offer.
Best of all, there's no need to leave Studio One to visit the Exchange. Open the File Browser, click on the Exchange server, and all of the content is at your fingertips, with audio preview. When you find something great, just drag-and-drop, and Exchange automatically downloads the resources and loads them into your Song.
Sound Set Builder
All of the bundled content provided by PreSonus has come in the form of Sound Sets. Now, we are giving users a free tool to create their own sound sets for distribution to all other registered users through the Exchange via an extension called Sound Set Builder. This extension is now available to all registered Studio One users for immediate download from the Exchange.
With Sound Set Builder, any folder in the file browser can be made into a Studio One Sound Set, complete with a name, description, icon, and URL. This is an excellent way to create and share packages of content, including audio loops, MIDI loops, presets, and more. Sound Set Builder installs into Studio One quickly and easily by drag-and-drop.
Studio One is compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface, including, of course, the entire line of PreSonus interfaces.
- MP3 import and export
- AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content Browser with search, user tabs and Preview Player
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Audio processing 32-bit
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing
- Stunning virtual instruments
- User-friendly sampler
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logicâor create your own key commands
- Integrated Melodyne pitch correction (trial)
- Single and multitrack comping
- Folder tracks with grouping and busing
- Track List with presets and mixing Console link
- Transient detection and editing
- Drag-and-drop groove extraction
- Multitrack MIDI editing
- Track Transform (advanced freezing capability)
- Event-based Effects
- Ampire XT Amplifier-Modeling
- Analog Delay Tape-Delay Emulation
- Auto Filter Envelope Filter
- Beat Delay Tempo-Synchronized Delay
- Binaural Pan Stereo Panning Effect
- Channel Strip Dynamics Processing and Equalizer
- Chorus Mono/Stereo Chorus
- Compressor Mono/Stereo Variable Compressor
- Expander Mono/Stereo Expander
- Flanger Mono/Stereo Flanger
- Gate Noise Gate with MIDI Trigger
- Level Meter Sizable Peak/RMS Meter
- Limiter Mono/Stereo Limiter
- Mixtool Phase and MS Utility
- MixVerb Mono/Stereo Reverb
- Phase Meter Phase-Correlation Analysis
- Pro EQ 7-band Parametric EQ
- Red Light Dist Distortion Processor
- Room Reverb Mono/Stereo Room Reverb
- Scope Full-featured Oscilloscope with Sidechain Input
- Spectrum Meter Frequency Analyzer
- Tricomp 3-band Compressor
- Tuner Chromatic Instrument Tuner
- X-Trem Mono/Stereo Tremolo
- Total number of 26 native effects Plug-Ins
- Dual Pan Independent Stereo Panner
- OpenAIR Convolution Reverb
- Easily share created content with other users
- Instruments, effects presets, effects chains, sound sets and more can be shared
- Open the exchange server directly inside Studio One
When you can work faster, more creatively, and more effortlessly, making music is even more fun.
Studio One Artist Version 1 to Producer 2.0 Upgrade Specifications:
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Studio One is a modern, cross-platform DAW that is capable of operating as a 32-bit or 64-bit application. While we make every effort to ensure Studio One will run well on the widest variety of computers possible, please read these specifications carefully to determine compatibility with your system.
- MAC OS X 10.6.8 OR HIGHER
- Hardware Minimum
- - Intel Core Duo processor
- - 2 GB RAM
- Hardware Recommended
- - Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Xeon processor or better
- - 4 GB RAM
- WINDOWS XP, VISTA, 7 (32- OR 64-BIT)
- Hardware Minimum
- - Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon X2 processor
- - 2 GB RAM
- Hardware Recommended
- - Intel Core 2 Quad or AMD Athlon X4 or better
- - 4 GB RAM
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Internet connection (not required on machine where Studio One is installed but needed for activation)
- DVD-ROM drive
- A monitor resolution no lower than 1280 x 768 pixels
- 20 GB hard-drive space