Telefunken R-F-T AK-47 MkII Multi Pattern Vacuum Tube MicProduct #H70572 Telefunken H70572 YNAH Tube Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
TELEFUNKEN quality at a price mere mortals can afford.
The R-F-T line of tube condenser microphones utilizes American designed electronics in conjunction with New Old Stock tubes and standardized parts from overseas manufacturers. This enables TELEFUNKEN to provide a lower cost alternative to more expensive microphone systems without cutting costs or sacrificing quality.
The amplifier found in the R-F-T AK-47 MkII features a new proprietary circuit designed around a NOS TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube and a custom output transformer that is a replica of the historic BV8 transformer found in the historic TELEFUNKEN U-47 and U-48 microphones. The dual sided large diaphragm capsule undergoes rigorous testing prior to installation, and again during final testing and burn-in of the microphone.
The TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube is very similar to the AC-701 tube in that is provides a "velvety" character to the overall tone of the microphone. When this tube is coupled with the historically accurate recreation of the BV8 transformer some of the magic begins, but they didn't stop there. The layout of the circuit board features broader traces for superior current on demand capability (which enhances the low frequency and transient response capability of the amplifier) as well as a layout, which minimizes noise and cross talk between components.
Sonically, the R-F-T AK-47 MkII is a remarkably hi-fidelity microphone with a "present" but not "harsh" character, which in many ways is reminiscent of a cross between the historic M-49 and U-47/48 microphones of yesteryear. The result is a microphone with superior high frequency detail, a rich and thunderous low end, without the upper mid-range frequency bump that is often found in microphones in this price range. Instead, it has a delicate and intimate "air" that is usually found only in microphones three times the price.
- A remarkably hi-fidelity multi-pattern microphone
- NOS (new old stock) TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube
- Circuit board features broader traces for superior current on demand capability
- Upgraded transformer offers more refinement and articulation
- Exceptional low end resolution for recording cello, bass, and grand piano
R-F-T AK-47 MkII Multi Pattern Vacuum Tube Mic Specifications:
- Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: TK47 dual sided gold sputtered
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni, Cardioid, Figure 8 with 6 intermediate stages Sensitivity: 14MV/Pa = -37dB (0dB = 1v/Pa) -10bD
- Impedance: 200 ohms SPL125 dB
- Non Linear Distortion(for 1% THD @ 1KHz): 132dB
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dB (A-weighted)
- Tube Type: EF732 Telefunken NOS
- Power: Dedicated Power Supply
- Weight: 27oz (765g)
- Size: 9 ½" (241mm) length x 1 ¾" (44.45mm) diameter