Telefunken ELA M 260 Small Diaphragm Tube Microphone Stereo Set
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Matched set ideal for acoustic and classical recording applications.
The small diaphragm ELA M 260 has become a staple for use in a multitude of recording applications due to its natural presence and high level of detail and clarity, especially in acoustic and classical applications. Keeping this in mind, TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik is now offering the ELA M 260 Stereo Set.
The matched Stereo Set comes in a custom locking flight case that carries both M801 cables, M761 shock mounts, microphones, wooden boxes, and an American-made dual-channel M960S power supply unit. This newly designed power supply is fully regulated and will power one or both microphones simultaneously, and features a slow-ramping heater voltage to ensure vacuum tube longevity. The ELA M 260 Stereo Set also features two sets of three interchangeable capsules: the TK60 cardioid, TK61 omni, and TK62 hypercardioid, so the user can have the flexibility to record their source material in any way they wish.
The microphones will also feature the same flint gray finish made popular by the R-F-T AR-51, so you will be able to know in an instant, which microphones are from your Stereo Set, and which are your individual ELA M 260 systems.
The ELA M 260 features an amplifier circuit based around a New Old Stock (NOS) EF-732 / 5840W vacuum tube and a custom output transformer that is wound to exacting specification in the United States. Each of these components is rigorously tested in our laboratory prior to installation, and hand-selected for matched pairs. The capsules have matched frequency responses, the tubes have matched gain and noise specs, and the amplifier circuits have matched gain and frequency response.
Stereo recording techniques include X/Y coincidental pairs with the microphones in cardioid, and A/B spaced pairs with either cardioid or omni-directional patterns. Using these techniques, or others, in conjunction with a pair of ELA M 260’s will result in an ideal recording setup for string sections, acoustic guitar, drum overheads, or as room microphones.
The ELA M 260 Stereo Set offers the user the knowledge and comfort that the tools they are using will give identical responses for their most important stereo recording.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Hypercardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 16.5 mV/pa +/- 1 dB
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: <0.15% Per Channel
- Self Noise: 11dBA Per Channel
- Output Impedance: <200 ohms
- Power Type: M 960S Dedicated Power Supply
- Powering Alternative: M 960FS, M 963
- Supply Current: <1mA (120V) 135mA (6V)
- Connected Via: XLR-7 (F), XLR-3 (M) output
- Size: 5-1/2" (140mm) length x 13/16" (21mm) diameter
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119g)
Order now for the microphone of your dreams.
ELA M 260 Small Diaphragm Tube Microphone Stereo Set Specifications:
- Type Condenser Pressure Gradient
- Capsule CK12 - 1" dual sided gold sputtered membrane
- Frequency Range 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern Cardioid, Omni and Figure 8
- Sensitivity approx 1.2 mvolts per dyne / cm sq
- Impedance 200 ohms stock / 50 ohms switchable
- SPL 138 dB
- Non Linear Distortion Less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne / cm sq
- Equivalent Noise 16 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type 6072a General Electric JAN twin triode
- Power Dedicated Power Supply
- Weight 20oz (567g), 34oz (960g) with swivel
- Size 8 1/2" (216mm) length x 2" (51mm) diameter
- Extras Locking Flight Case, Lunchbox Style Power Supply, Wooden Microphone Box