Telefunken CU-29 "Copperhead" Cardioid Tube Mic
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
TELEFUNKEN quality at a price nearly any engineer or musician can afford
With the CU-29 "Copperhead", TELEFUNKEN left no stone unturned to provide TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik craftsmanship in a mic that just about everyone can afford. No detail was left unattended. Specific attention was given to circuit board layout, with countless revisions done to optimize current flow and directness of traces. Each component was experimented with and individually selected for the best sonic and electronic qualities. Lastly, high impedance lines were kept as short as possible to maximize efficiency and minimize unwanted noise.
The amplifier found in the R-F-T CU-29 "Copperhead" features a new proprietary circuit designed around a NOS TELEFUNKEN 95 tube and a custom output transformer. Being a "cardioid only" microphone, the CU-29 "Copperhead" employs a single-membrane version of the large diaphragm capsule used in the AR-51 and AK-47 MkII microphones. This capsule undergoes rigorous testing prior to installation to ensure you many trouble free years of use with your R-F-T microphones.
Sonically, the CU-29 "Copperhead" is a remarkably hi-fidelity microphone with a "present" but not "harsh" character, with clarity and detail, but entirely devoid of the "bite" usually found in microphones in this price range. The microphone provides a solid and clear low end, without the upper mid-range frequency bump often found in microphones in this price range. Instead, it has a delicate and intimate "air" that is usually found only in microphones many times the price, and because it is not a "recreation" (or even a variation on a theme) the end result is a detailed yet unique tone, with character and its own sonic texture.
The CU-29 "Copperhead" was developed from the ground up in TELEFUNKEN's South Windsor Connecticut facility by an in-house design team with the aid of some of the industry's most knowledgeable and respected consultants.
The R-F-T line of tube condenser microphones utilizes American designed electronics in conjunction with New Old Stock tubes and standardized parts from overseas manufacturers. This enables TELEFUNKEN to provide a lower cost alternative to more expensive microphone systems without cutting costs or sacrificing quality.
- A remarkably hi-fidelity cardioid microphone
- Suitable for a wide range of applications
- New proprietary circuit design
- NOS (new old stock) TELEFUNKEN EF-95 tube
- Custom output transformer
- Stylish copper and black shaft
- Includes power supply, shock mount, 7-pin cable, and wooden box
Order a studio tool you won't outgrow and will enjoy for a lifetime!
CU-29 "Copperhead" Cardioid Tube Mic Specifications:
- Type: condenser pressure gradient
- Capsule: single sided gold sputtered membrane
- Frequency range: 20hz / 20khz
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Sensitivity: 14mv/pa = -37db (0db = 1v/pa) -10bd
- Impedance: 200 ohms stock
- SPL: 138 dB
- Non linear distortion: less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne / cm sq
- Equivalent noise: 16 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube type: Telefunken new old stock EF-95
- Power: dedicated power supply
- Weight: 1.54 lb. (690g)
- Size: 8" (203.2mm) length x 1-3/4" (44.45mm) diameter