Telefunken AR-51 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Mic
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An affordably priced version of the renowned ELA M 215E.
While Telefunken Elektroakustik is normally known for historic recreation microphones geared toward recording industry professionals who can afford the best of the best, the AR-51 tube condenser mic is their first attempt at catering to those with less money to spend, but who still want that high-quality Telefunken sound.
Part of the R-F-T Series of microphones, the AR-51 is an affordable solution that delivers amazing tone and ultimate application flexibility at a price anyone who is serious about recording can afford. The AR-51 condenser mic is designed in the tradition of the classic tube mics of the past, utilizing the same circuit design as the classic Telefunken ELA M 251E.
However, this Telefunken recording mic employs new cost-efficient manufacturing methods to meet a price point suitable to any recording studio, from major, world-class facilities to voiceover rooms and home project studios. The R-F-T Telefunken AR-51 utilizes only premium components, including a vintage New Old Stock (NOS) tube that has been rigidly tested for noise and microphonics, as in the ELA M 251E. The Telefunken AR-51 mic also features a globally-sourced power supply and capsule, both rigorously tested prior to installation.
As with all products in the R-F-T range of Telefunken Elektroakustik microphones, the circuit board has been designed for superior current handling, permitting the amplifier to have full access to the necessary "power on demand" for handling low frequency and transient information. Modifications have been made to the Telefunken microphone's amplifier circuit to optimize the performance of the capsule and a signal path that includes the same European manufactured output transformer found in every ELA M 251 E built since 1960.
At the Telefunken Elektroakustic studios in South Windsor, CT, audio engineers have successfully tested a wide range of applications for this large diaphragm microphone. The tube condenser microphone is especially suitable for recording acoustic and electric guitars, piano, and percussion; for drum overheads and close miked drums; and for both male and female vocals. The perfect complement to the company's acclaimed AK-47, the Telefunken AR-51 is a significant addition to any studio's microphone locker.
- The Telefunken AR-51 mic includes the same
- European manufactured output transformer found in every ELA M 251 E
- Vintage New Old Stock
- (NOS) tube
- Rigidly tested for noise and microphonics
- Globally-sourced power supply and capsule
- built since 1960
- Suitable for many miking applications
- Shock mount
Classic looks with modern technology make for a win-win miking situation. Order today!
AR-51 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Mic Specifications:
- Type: Condenser pressure gradient
- Capsule: Dual-sided, gold sputtered membrane
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni, Cardioid, Figure 8 with 6 intermediate stages
- Sensitivity: 14MV/Pa = -37dB (0dB = 1V/Pa) -10bD
- Impedance: 200Ω stock
- SPL: 138dB
- Non-linear distortion: Less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne / cm sq
- Equivalent noise: 16dB (a-weighted)
- Tube type: NOS ECC81 twin triode
- Power: Dedicated Power supply
- Weight: 27oz (765g)
- Size: 9 1/2" (241mm) length x 1 3/4" (44.45mm) diameter