Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A low-noise tube mic with superb performance and warm, full-bodied sound.
The Mojave MA-200 is a large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. Utilizing hand-selected 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-200 condenser Mic performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The power supply for the MA-200 condenser mic can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available).
Born to a lineage of fine microphone designs by David Royer, one of an elite group of microphone designers who know that music and sound are inseparable from electronic design, the MA-200 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones. Each Mojave MA-200 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone:
Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Get a studio mic with modern reliability and classic tube sound at an amazing price/performance ratio.
MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Transducer Type: Externally excited capacitor type
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3-microns
- Polar Response: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz-18 kHz, ±3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Maximum Spl: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL
- Self Noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Impedance: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- Vacuum Tube: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- Power Requirements: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- Dimensions And Weight: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount
- and cables: 13 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" X 2", 1 lb.