Mojave Audio MA-100 Small Diaphragm Tube Condenser MicrophoneProduct #581139 Mojave Audio 581139 YNAH Tube Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A versatile tube mic with interchangeable capsules.
The Mojave Audio MA-100 is a small diaphragm, vacuum-tube condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. Featuring hand-selected 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers, and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-100 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best-loved, classic, small-diaphragm tube condenser mics.
The latest in a lineage of successful microphone designs by David Royer, one of an elite group of microphone designers who know that music and sound are inseparable from electronic design. The MA-100's 'cathode follower' design allows use on high SPL instruments, such as drums and guitar amplifiers, as well as the more common applications of small-diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser micd, such as acoustic instruments, cymbals, stereo pairs, and pianos. Each MA-100 microphone, power supply, and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case. The MA-100 power supply can be set for either 115v or 230v via an external switch.
Small Diaphragm—Big Sound!
Why choose a small diaphragm microphone? Because small diaphragm microphones offer some distinct advantages over their larger brethren:
•More consistent polar pattern
•Better transient response
•Ease of placement
Why choose an MA-100 Mic from Mojave Audio?
•Extended low-frequency response
•High SPL handling capability—try putting your large-diaphragm mic on a snare drum.
Stereo Pairs (X/Y, MS, etc.)
Voice-overs and Broadcast
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- External switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- High SPL handling capability
Get a great mic for recording both electric or acoustic instruments today!
MA-100 Small Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Transducer Type: Externally excited capacitor type
- Diaphragm: .8" / 20.5 mm diameter
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3 microns
- Polar Response: Interchangeable Cardioid and Omnidirectional Capsules
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only , not to exceed .4% @ 140 dB SPL
- Self Noise: Not to exceed 16dB
- Impedance: 450 ohms, transformer balanced
- Vacuum Tube: 5840 pentode wired as triode, operated as a unity-gain buffer stage (cathode follower)
- Power Requirements: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- Dimensions And Weight: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 7 lbs.
- Carrying Case: 14"x11"x4"
- Microphone: 5.5"x.75", weight .4lbs