- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A vacuum tube condenser mic that delivers fantastic sonic qualities and comes equipped with a power supply/preamp box.
A recording microphone with classic tube sound
The sound of tube mics is undeniably rich and smooth. At the heart of each of these Behringer T-47 mics is a hand-selected 12AX7 tube, which has been specifically designed to give these microphones their incredible sonic character. One advantage tube condensers have over their solid-state counterparts is that they are not subject to the rapid rise of odd-order harmonics, which the ear perceives as highly unmusical. Even when subjected to high sound pressure levels, the T-47 condenser microphone reacts in much the same way the human ear does.
Cardioid polar pattern
T-47 tube condenser mics feature a tight cardioid (heart-shaped) sound-reception pattern, which reduces the pickup of sound from the sides and rear for improved source isolation. The included custom shock mount fits all standard microphone stands and provides further isolation from external sources of vibration, such as sounds transmitted through floor joists and outside traffic.
Dedicated power supply
The included Behringer PSU-T power supply/preamp provides the supply voltage for the tube preamplifier and houses a Low Cut switch that can be used to reduce the low frequency response, if so desired. The included 7-pin multi-core cable supplies power to the mic and routes the audio signal to the XLR socket on the PSU-T.
The ultimate recording mic
Since the early days of recording, sound engineers have been searching for the best-sounding mics for recording acoustic instruments and the human voice. The resounding choice of professional recordists around the globe has been the tube condenser microphone because nothing compares to a sound that's so open, warm, and full of character. Unfortunately, tube mics can wipe out a home-recording budget faster than you can say "phantom power supply." But with the T-47, anyone who can afford a decent live microphone can have a studio-grade, tube-powered condenser mic for about the same price.
The T-47's sensitive side
Another advantage of tube mics is that they typically outperform transistor designs when it comes to subtle signal levels, such as environmental ambiance. The T-47 picks up every nuance of your performance, capturing an openly transparent slice of time and space with just the right amount of tube warmth. Now you'll be able to justify that new set of strings for your acoustic guitar (because you'll hear the difference), and you'll marvel at the sparkling highlights coming off your wind chimes.
- Professional, large-diaphragm, tube condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
- Hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube for exceptional warmth and vintage sound
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted capsule
- Perfect for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
Take advantage of the indisputably rich sounds of a tube condenser mic. Order today!
T-47 Tube Condenser Mic Specifications:
- Transducer type: condenser, 0.63"
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Preamplifier: vacuum tube (12AX7)
- Output (PSU-T): gold-plated balanced XLR connector
- Open circuit sensitivity: -40dBV (0dBV = 1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Level attenuation: -20dB
- Low-cut filter: 12dB/octave @ 100Hz (switchable)
- Max. SPL (3 % THD @ 1kHz): 130dB
- Dynamic range: 110dB
- Nominal impedance: approx. 200 Ohms
- Load impedance: >1 kOhms
- Supply voltage adapter: BEHRINGER PSU-T
- Dimensions: diameter: 2.7", length: 8.3"
- Weight (net): 1.7 lb.
- Mains Voltage / Fuse:
- 100-120 V~, 50/60 Hz: T 250 mA H 250 V
- 220-230 V~, 50/60 Hz: T 125 mA H 250 V
- Mains connector: standard IEC receptacle
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Behringer T-47 Tube Condenser Mic:
this mic is one everyone on a budget should have. the clarity and warmth you get from this less than 200 dollar mic with a little bit of tweeking through EQ rivals those tubes worth thousands. one thing ive noticed over the years with behringer is that most of there products are capable of producing a better sound than most products in the same price range.