Eminence Legend 1258 75W Guitar Speaker
Speakers for Instrument Amps
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The Eminence Legend 1258 Guitar Speaker has vintage American growl, but with sparkle, definition and edgy top-end. Great for rock and roll, country, and blues. This Eminence speaker is an ideal vintage alnico Jensen replacement.
Eminence recommends the Legend 1258 Guitar Speaker as a direct replacement in the Basson B412 cabinet, and the Fender FM212R, Fender Blues Reissue, Fender Blues Junior, and the Behringer V-Tone Gmx212 combo amplifiers.
Make your old amp sound good as new. Order it now.
Legend 1258 75W Guitar Speaker Specifications:
- Nominal Basket Diameter: 12", 304.8mm
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Rating: 75 Watts
- Resonance: 94Hz
- Usable Frequency Range: 80Hz-4kHz
- Sensitivity: 100.1
- Magnet Weight: 34 oz.
- Gap Height: 0.312", 7.92mm
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.5", 38.1mm
- Thiele & small parameters
- Resonant Frequency (fs): 94Hz
- DC Resistance (Re): 7.44
- Coil Inductance (Le): 0.70mH
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 6.15
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes): 1.18
- Total Q (Qts): 0.99
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 32.5 liters / 1.2 cu. ft.
- Peak Diaphragm Displacement Volume (Vd): 24cc
- Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 0.09mm/N
- BL Product (BL): 10.9 T-M
- Diaphram Mass inc. Airload (Mms): 32 grams
- Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP): 80
- Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax): 0.5mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 506.7 cm2
- Mounting information
- Recommended Enclosure: Sealed (Vented Acceptable)
- Overall Diameter: 12.03", 305.5mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter: 10.95", 278.1mm
- Front Sealing Gasket: fitted as standard
- Rear Sealing Gasket: fitted as standard
- Mounting Holes Diameter: 0.25", 6.4mm
- Mounting Holes B.C. D.: 11.59", 294.3mm
- Depth: 4.9", 125mm
- Net Weight: 7.8 lbs., 3.5 kg
- Shipping Weight: 9.9 lbs., 4.5 kg
- Materials of construction
- Coil Construction: Copper voice coil
- Coil Former: Polyimide former
- Magnet Composition: Ferrite magnet
- Core Details: Non-vented core
- Basket Materials: Pressed steel basket
- Cone Composition: Paper Cone
- Cone Edge Composition: Paper cone edge
- Dustcap Composition: Solid composition paper dust cap
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Eminence Legend 1258 75W Guitar Speaker:
I bought a pair of these for a Gibson Ranger GA-55RVT that I restored and converted to 2x12's instead of 4x10's. I cut the case down and installed a new speaker mounting plate, new Tolex, knobs, electrolytics, tubes, everything. The only thing I didn't have was a matched pair of 12-inch guitar speakers, so I installed a pair of ruggedized 12-inch "no-name" (Urban Audio Works) speakers until I got everything worked out on the Ranger. The Gibson actually sounded decent with the Urbans, but with these Legends, it really rocks! The sound is exactly as described in the ad: Lots of growl and muscle, especially with the front pickups, but zingy highs and midranges for lead work with the middle and back pickups. I was torn between the Jensen C12N's and C12K's, but then I saw Music123's ad for the Eminence Legend 1258s, and decided to give them a try. Plus, I heard the Jensen's were more "British" and "woody" sounding, and I wanted an American rock/Fender Twin sound for my Gibson. That amp uses two 6L6's for output (as opposed to four for the Fender) so I was worried that the C12K's might be too much, and the C12Ns too little. But the Legends are perfect. They really brought my Ranger to life, at all volume settings. The biggest thing Ive noticed is how these speakers bring out the differences in the switch and pickup settings on my various guitars, from Strats and Strat copies, to my 76 Kramer aluminum neck 450G. They really have a great tonal range. And the 75-watt rating (x2) is perfect for the 55-watt Gibson amp.