- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Teaching music has never been so easy or so much fun!
Sibelius Groovy Music is a series of 3 exciting software programs for elementary and middle school music students (5 to 11 year olds). Fun to use, Groovy Music teaches the basics of sound, rhythm, pitch and composition using pictures and animation - progressing to the study of simple notation as well as major and minor scales.
Students love Groovy Music. It guides them with a simple voiceover and lets them create their own music as well as carry out directed activities, so there's plenty of room for creativity. In fact, Groovy Music is so compelling that once students start making music; they just won't want to stop! And best of all, it's incredibly easy for both teachers and students.
In the Explore section, students are guided aurally through a series of progressive musical exercises and games, which teach them the fundamentals of music.
In the Create section, students can put into practice what they've learned by creating their own music. The shapes and animals represent elements of music like rhythm, melody and chords. Students simply drag these onto the screen to build up their creation. Then they can play back their piece, edit it, or even see the elements displayed as musical notation.
- Easily integrate technology into your teaching
- Control children's screens and workflow in a networked environment
- Can be used on a single computer, whiteboard or network
- Makes time with students fun and efficient
- Uses the latest educational standards and teaching methodologies
- Students learn at their own pace and own level
- Uses an imaginative virtual environment where students arrange shapes, characters and images to create music!
Groovy Music Series Specifications:
- Computer Requirements:
- Windows 98/2000/XP or Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- 800Mhz processor or faster (1.4GHz for Groovy Jungle and City)
- 128MB+ RAM (512MB+ for Groovy Jungle and
- 100MB free hard disk space
- 16-bit sound card
- CD-Rom drive required for installation