- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The legendary Yamaha CS-80 reborn.
Take advantage of this Arturia 10-Year Anniversary Software Special!
It's even better right now as you'll receive a free upgrade to the newest version (V2) when you register your V1 serial number.
The Arturia CS-80V is a software reproduction of the revered Yamaha CS-80, which is considered by many as the ultimate polyphonic synthesizer. More than 25 years after its release, this soft synth enables musicians to rediscover and work with sounds that contributed extensively to the history of music.
The Arturia CS-80V virtual synthesizer offers all the features of the original synth, plus a new generation of innovative features, taking the original design to a new elevated level: a modulation matrix, a multitimbral mode, an arpeggiator, and a stereo delay.
The software synthesizer is based on TAE, the proprietary technology developed by Arturia, and already successfully used in the Moog Modular V. The CS-80V comes loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of talented sound designers.
In 1976, Yamaha introduced the CS-80. The price tag put it out of reach of most musicians, and the weight (220 lb.) made it sometimes hard to use on the stage. But the qualities of the CS-80, considered as Japan's first great synthesizer, made it famous in the music industry. The CS-80 was popularized in the late '70s and early '80s by artists and groups like Toto, Jean-Michel Jarre, Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder, or Vangelis, who helped to turn this synthesizer into a giant.
- Stereo synthesizer
- Polyphonic (8 voices)
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- 64-bit floating point precision
- Sampling rate: up to 96kHz
- More than 400 presets, made by professionals
- Playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 2 oscillators
- 4 filters
- 2 LFOs
- 4 ADSR envelopes
- 2 VCAs
- Sub-oscillator (for vibrato)
- Stereo delay
- Ring modulator
- Expression and sustain pedals
- Ribbon controller
- Polyphonic aftertouch
- Multimode (allowing to assign a different sound to each polyphonic voice)
Get your hands on a synth legend without visiting the plasma bank. Order now.
CS-80V Soft Synth Specifications:
- Required Configurations
- PC: Pentium II 500MHz, 128MB RAM, Windows 9x/2000/ME/XP
- MAC: G3 500MHz, 128MB RAM, MacOS 9.x, Mac OS X.2
- Any soundcard compatible with DirectX, ASIO, Sound Manager or Core Audio